TOPIC:

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2694

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Saw this on EBAY today & was knocked out by it.........gobsmacked !!!

Item number 121300114780.

Is it just me, or is it an American thing us Brits just dont understand over here ????

Surely he means $24.99.......right.......not REALLY $249.95 for piece of plastic ????

Just an absolute joke.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2695

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh my dear..............it gets worse !!!!

Item number 201046906573

These people must be from Mars or some other far away planet.........right ?

I bought a near new one (good as new) of these recently for £30 ($40) !!!!!!

Pete F
UK

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2696

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
I just checked on eBay (us) for item #121300114780.
they don't show a listing what was it anyway? Just interested

Thanks

can you add a link to it if you still see it.

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2697

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Well, the first one ... you need to understand, it's brand new and ... if oyu find anyone who is willing to pay this amount you are the lucky one

One the second I need to admit I have heard from prices like this and above due to the fact that a lot of covers are getting detroyed by bikes falling on them (which is why I have the guard-rails mounted). If you are in desperate need and don't know where to get one (hey, try and ask you local Kawasaki dealer) you might go for it.

btw: did anyone ever go with their (K)Z1300 to the local Kawasaki dealer and has had a look on their reactions ? My experience is that we ride something the mechanics do not like to touch in anyway (too complicated, too old) and some even seem surprised that Kawasaki ever built this monster ...

cheers

H
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2698

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Stocktoy............

Remove the FULL STOP after the Ebay number & try that !! You will then see the item.

Just An Absolute Joke !!! 10 years 1 month ago #2699

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Holger,

OK.........if you ever need one of these casings, come to me & I will sell you one for just a little less than our friend on EBAY......They are available on EBAY all the time in very good condition for 15% of that price he is asking !!

It is an interesting experience showing young "so called" Technicians in Kawasaki Dealerships our monsters..........they dont know what to think or do when they see one & then realize its got 6 cylinders !!
There are very few real Motorcycle Mechanics around now who know our bikes or were ever trained to work on them.
For that matter, there are very few Motorcycle MECHANICS now anywhere.......they are all "TECHNICIANS" now.

TECHNICIAN = Someone who changes oil & filter & replaces component after component until the issue is gone.

MECHANIC = Someone who changes oil & filter & plugs, sets tappets, shims tolerances, balances carbs, replaces points & condensers, re-spokes wheels, makes cables to size & length, completely strips & rebuilds engines & takes components off an engine, then strips the component to find the problem, replaces the parts inside the component then bolts the component back on the engine..........I could train a monkey to do most Technicians job these days !!

I once ran a BMW Bike Dealership many years ago which was also a BMW Car Dealership. I employed a really good friend who was a very experienced bike mechanic to run the bike workshop for me.
All the BMW car "TECHNICIANS" were amazed & horrified that he could gap tappets & shim tolerances, balance 4 carbs & could strip components & repair them rather than just remove & replace (as Technicians do).
They all thought he was mad & was some sort of wizard or witch..........and they had the audacity to name themselves......."TECHNICIANS" !...........

Pete F
UK

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds