TOPIC:

%$#@ing Tesla 3 years 1 month ago #28865

• Stiggy
  • Stiggy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • March 1961
  • Thank you received: 17
I ordered a tesla model x in December 2020, due for delivery in March 2021. As the day was creeping up and I had started to make plans to sell my X5 bmw, I called the lease company to check all was OK. I was informed that tesla are bringing out a new model X and production of the current model has stopped. Moreover... mine is not coming at all.
The new model x has a delivery date to UK of 2022!!!!
The annoying thing is the lease company had known about this for some time ....when was they planning to tell me???

If it wasn't for the charging infrastructure that tesla have in the UK... I would buy an electric Mercedes or similar.

Not happy.
1985 ZG1300 dfi
1977 Z1000 a1 recent purchase, previously owned by myself 1979 ~2000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

%$#@ing Tesla 3 years 1 month ago #28866

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
That's crazy, but bear in mind that the charging network in the UK is expanding rapidly, so I wouldn't confine my choice to only a Tesla EV. Depending on the length of journey you regularly undertake, you might find that the range of your car is adequate on a single charge. If not, using one of the rapid chargers increasingly found at service stations could help. Just use one of those to put enough charge in to get you home, rather than fully recharging. That is for two reasons: time - in about six minutes, the Porsche Taycan can have 60 miles of range restored to the battery. Cost: it is much cheaper to charge at home using off-peak electricity. Also, frequent rapid charging to capacity is not good for the battery. Since the best way to charge an electric vehicle is via a permanent charger at home, installation of one of those, such as the well-regarded Andersen, is a must.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds