TOPIC:

just a coincidence ... 3 years 3 months ago #28651

• BigSix
  • BigSix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Just because the weather is bad I'd like to share this with you:

A fried of mine received a Z400G from 1980 years ago as a gift and he was not sure what to do with it. Break it down and sell the parts ? At least it is s Kawasaki. So he went for option two and got all the missing parts, put them together and even received the OK from the technical inspection. Yet the bike was looking poor, so during the winter he refurbished tank, side panels and the seat.
In addition to the gift he bought, without being able to look at at, another one, this time a Z400H. It turned out to be fully functional and he used the motor and other parts for his first bike. To get more room in his garage, he sold all the parts that he did not use.
3 year later he bought another Z400G which consisted just of frame, wheels, handlebar and brakes which had not be on the road for years. The exhaust had caught his intention and he hope to get a good one. He was disappointed though, the exhaust was not good at all. He nearly scrapped it, yet one look into the paperword turned that his newest bike had a frame number just one down of his first one.
Both bikes must have been on the manufacturing line next to each other in Japan 34 years ago and now, after a long journey, they are his.
Of course he kept it, it nearly is a win in a lottery.
Cheers,
Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

just a coincidence ... 3 years 3 months ago #28652

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
That is quite remarkable.
Not bike related but similar in the "coincidence" department: As a student skydiver I had purchased my first piece of equipment, a wrist altimeter. On one of the first days I was wearing it I was looking at the serial number, engraved on the outside of the housing.
B0529
"B". The first let of my name.
Translate this to a "2" - the second letter of the alphabet and I saw "20". The day I was born.
"52" - my year.
"9" - my month.

18 years / 1700+ jumps: Always worked, still working. It's a keeper.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds