Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid-19 Vaccine............... 3 years 2 months ago #28669

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 179
KB, I too work at nuclear. Diablo Canyon, San Luis Obispo. I return Feb 24th for 2R22 <gasp> has it been *that* long? PG&E did a great job with Covid PPE. An example is this.. walking inside the protected area, saw a man heading out, end of shift, not wearing a mask.

I challenged him.. 'Hey, did you forget your mask?"
Him - "Phuck you and your mask!"

Armed response security guard, unknowingly behind me... "Come with me sir", to the unmasked freedom fighter..

I accompanied the guard and violator to facilities.. <I'm former front line foreman> where the individual was summarily discharged of his duties.

Sometimes, I hate the the structure of nuclear plants.. Other times, most all times, I'm grateful..

Food for thought..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid-19 Vaccine............... 3 years 2 months ago #28672

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I can honestly say everyone I come in contact with when I go out to pick up renovation supplies or household needs are wearing masks and respecting social distancing. In the last 2 weeks, I see people driving around in their cars with masks on, walking down the street husband and wife wearing masks. Now it is hovering around 0 deg C and the face mask does offer a certain amount of face protection from the wind. Only once I found myself asking where's your mask to an eighty year old woman and she was appalled that she forgot it and suggested that maybe she shouldn't be out in public at all. She immediately left her shopping cart and went out to the car to get her mask.
The ONLY issues I see are the teenagers walking to and from school in groups of 4 to 8 with no masks. It's almost as if to say if we get it, it won't kill us so Ehhhh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds