Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28305

• ogri211
  • ogri211's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Im in the process of fitting the wiring loom on my 1982 A4, I got it from a friend and it was partially stripped down, I have rebuilt everything and I am just having a few problems routing the wiring. I have got everything working, but I am having a bit of trouble behind the right hand side panel with routing, I cant find any good pictures anywhere that show the way the loom comeback from the engine and found when I went to fit the air box all of the wiring was snagging as there is not a lot of room and there is quite a lot of connectors and wires in the area. , I would be grateful for some pictures or someone pointing me to a previous instruction. there are very few pictures without the side panel and I cant find any with the air box removed to even show if the wiring goes behind or in front of the frame.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28306

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Heres a pic of mine as I was rebuilding it and has refitted the harness.

Hopefully its some help and you can save photo and zoom in on it as required ?

Pete F
UK

Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28307

• ogri211
Thanks that's a big help , the problem is I had all the wires and plugs connected and I couldn't get the air box in I will have a look at tidying it up , it is always better after a nights sleep I was still at it at midnight last night.
Z1300 A4,Z900 RS,Suzuki GT750A, Buell S1 Lightning, Royal Enfield Diesel. And Z900A4 on the rebuild.

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28308

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Fit airbox last of all after loosely routing the harness down the inside of the RH side frame tubes.
The majority of block connectors are under and behind the battery tray for the CDI, Fuse Box, Regulator, Ign Pick-Ups, Fan Relay etc.
Nothing on the LH side of the frame other than the secondary ignition lock behind LH side panel, which is fed across from the RH side as well.

Pete F
UK

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28309

• ogri211
Thanks I have removed the Cdi/ rectifier plate to tidy the plugs and untangle the wires I think I have it Sussed but the only thing I am having trouble with is the routing of the two wires that come from the engine the pick ups and alternator do they go under the drive boot or the swing arm or do they come up on the outside of the boot behind the brake plate. Thanks again

Last edit: by ogri211.

wiring loom 3 years 4 months ago #28312

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Would love to help you more, but I am only familiar with the earlier A1/A2 models which have pick ups and alternators in different places on the motor to the later A4 models.
Normally the wiring loom running from the RH front engine casing runs along the top of the sump gasket inline with the back of the frame tube and is held in position with small metal hooks through some of the sump bolts, back to the footrest plate which it goes behind and up to the area below the rectifier.

Surley some A4/A5 Owner on here can help or even take some photos to show the routing ???

Pete F
UK

Last edit: by strate6.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds