kz1300 banner

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Who's going to save H-D

Who's going to save H-D 1 month 1 week ago #27001

  • Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Posts: 504
  • Thank you received: 118

strate6 wrote:



Pete F
UK


LOL
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's going to save H-D 4 weeks 8 hours ago #27131

  • strate6
  • strate6's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Posts: 1025
  • Thank you received: 299
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's going to save H-D 3 weeks 1 day ago #27208

  • rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Sixer
  • Senior Sixer
  • Posts: 75
  • Thank you received: 7
Honestly never go the appeal of the Harley. Sure, they sound good, but their engineering just SUCKS. None of the controls work properly, their handling is terrible, and they are completely gutless.

One of the old bike mags (Cycle?) took a Harley and updated it with proper brakes, controls, etc. and effortlessly turned it into a modern motorcycle,except for the power. Harley could have done this decades ago, but never has.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's going to save H-D 3 weeks 1 day ago #27209

  • strate6
  • strate6's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Posts: 1025
  • Thank you received: 299
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's going to save H-D 3 weeks 11 hours ago #27215

  • Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar
  • Away
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Posts: 504
  • Thank you received: 118
Harley-Ferguson.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's going to save H-D 2 weeks 6 days ago #27226

  • Lucien-Harpress
  • Lucien-Harpress's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Platinum Sixer
  • Posts: 427
  • Thank you received: 90
It's interesting that the long-term "solution" presented in the video is essentially, "You made your bed, now lie in it. Until you die." I see Harley Davidson as too much of a quintessential "American" company to go away completely. Now, "bought, sold, restructured, etc."? THAT is see as entirely possible.

Now, I'm 32. One of those dirty, dirty Millennials. My opinion, for what it's worth? If you want new riders, you need an entry point people my age can afford. It's $$$. Nothing else. While I can't speak for everyone my age, I can see that my dollars don't go very far, and it's a tall ask to get me to buy what's essentially a toy when I can barely afford a house.

Honda had a good point in the film- Market the Cub/Super Cub line to everyone, but make it AFFORDABLE. "You meed the nicest people on a Honda", true, but you also don't have to forego your child's college fund to buy a CT90 either. (At least, back then.)

Just my two cents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lucien-Harpress.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum