Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hand Grips 10 years 1 month ago #2154

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Hair Spray .... TOTALLY WORKS !!!!! the grip slid on easy and after a while it is set, no movement, great !! thank you for the tip
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hand Grips 10 years 1 month ago #2159

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

kza13 wrote: Place here in OZ, seen these on the site, might be what your looking for ???
www.thirdgear.com.au/products/Black-Moto...lloy-Hand-Grips.html

P.S. got some "home brand" hair spray this morning, will try it out on new grips

yes, that's the sort of thing but I don't think 120mm is long enough.

I think I had seen some that were aluminium on the inside rather than rubber and fastened to the handlebar or throttle with grub screws.

Now that I think about it though. I think I have left hand switchgear on both handlebars now (you can't get the high/low beam off with the grip on) and ZZ-1100 controls (clutch perch can be removed with grip in place) - I can probably use standard rubber grips?
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Hand Grips 10 years 1 month ago #2161

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97

zed_thirteen wrote: yes, that's the sort of thing but I don't think 120mm is long enough.

I think I had seen some that were aluminium on the inside rather than rubber and fastened to the handlebar or throttle with grub screws.

Now that I think about it though. I think I have left hand switchgear on both handlebars now (you can't get the high/low beam off with the grip on) and ZZ-1100 controls (clutch perch can be removed with grip in place) - I can probably use standard rubber grips?

yeh the original one was hard enough to get off, new grip came with a new cable connection tube already inside the grip so had to take the old one off, although i'd sell my first born for a new/old stock right hand control box, got a new left one, so the right one is looking a bit shabby, got a spare American one but they don't come with a headlight switch. The old cable twist tube is metal, the new one is nylon, maybe one day I might put the metal one on with the new grip, still have plenty of hair spray left :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds