Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 11 months ago #24068

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
What difference has it actually made , Pete?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 11 months ago #24069

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Pete - great to hear this! Very happy for you. I am not a Sea Foam evangelist by any stretch, but I am glad you confirmed my findings.

I'd add Sea Foam now to fuel and ride until empty. You cleaned the carbs statically, now time for more kinetic approach. It will 'vacuum' the little passages.

Then, I'd add the Marvel Mystery 0il. You will see a huge difference again. It will clean again and lubricate better than Sea Foam. Then - just clean fuel and repeated treatment once every let's say 3 fill up by adding some to the fuel.

I think both solutions are similar, but work in a bit different way. Both are needed independently to maintain the carbs and the further the combustion chamber.

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 11 months ago #24071

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356

biltonjim wrote: What difference has it actually made , Pete?

My bike had an irritating "pop" on idle from cylinder 1 and 4 (so not connected), which is normally an issue in the Primary Fuel Circuit somewhere and I have had on a few 1300's in the past.
It also had a slight hesitation around 1800 rpm as it began to cross over to main jet...........which it would rev past, but still irritating.
I would normally just have completely stripped and cleaned the carbs, but thought I would just give this Seafoam Stuff a go...........for £14 a bottle it was worth a try.

Glad I did !!!!!

Drained float bowls and filled with Seafoam and left for 24 hours to soak.
It went in a clear fluid.............but came out brown, so obviously cleaned something inside. Lots of brown deposits too from inside the carbs.
Flushed with Shell Ferrari Petrol and fired it up.
It ran rough for the first 5 mins cold until all the Seafoam had gone through the system.............then kicked in on all 6, with no "pops" and idles perfectly well.......best ever.
Took it for a 10 mile short run and hesitation 100% gone and feels sooooooooo much smoother.
Starts much better now.
Checked all the mixture burn settings with my Colour Tune Plug and all needed resetting, despite having only done this a week ago........so obvious changes in the fuel delivery from the Primary Circuit after Seafoam treatment.
Adding some Marvel Mystery Oil this weekend to the fuel just to make the job complete...........

Still cannot believe the results, but I know it cannot all be coincidence or luck, its too much of an improvement.

Pete F
UK (or whats left of it).
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, biltonjim, zed_thirteen

Last edit: by strate6.
Time to create page: 1.908 seconds