TOPIC:

Last weekend 5 years 6 months ago #21537

• BigSix
  • BigSix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Hi Lare

though I am usually not a fan of the round.shaped fuel tank I need to say the bike looks very good. The front fork on the picture seems quite long, is is a standard one ?

The exhaust (marvellous) in combination with the fairing gives it a sportive look. Excellent !

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last weekend 5 years 6 months ago #21538

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I agree with you, Holger. The whole bike looks great, with those small changes. I bought a pair of Lare’s stainless steel standard shape mufflers, ready for when ( if ) I ever do my restoration. Every now and then, I take the mufflers down off the shelf, just to look at them and admire the workmanship which has produced them. Henry Rolls ( or was it Royce ) was quite correct when he said that quality remains long after the price has been forgotten. I’m sure I’ll be admiring these for many years to come.

Last weekend 5 years 6 months ago #21541

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
The exhaust is Aris prototype 6-1, single wall stainless. It has improved low range torque and incredible sounds. The front fork is stock as well as rest of the bike too. I just dropped the exhaust and radiator in order to gain access to the gear forks via the oil pan. I have had issues with the first gear kicking out occasionally. At the bottom of the pan was the probable cause, the rubber of the cam chain roller. It had ripped off and has been jamming the gears!?
Anyway, removal of the head is awaiting. Something to do during the winter. Ha ha.

Last weekend 5 years 6 months ago #21542

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

LareNurminen wrote: The exhaust is Aris prototype 6-1, single wall stainless. It has improved low range torque and incredible sounds. The front fork is stock as well as rest of the bike too. I just dropped the exhaust and radiator in order to gain access to the gear forks via the oil pan. I have had issues with the first gear kicking out occasionally. At the bottom of the pan was the probable cause, the rubber of the cam chain roller. It had ripped off and has been jamming the gears!?
Anyway, removal of the head is awaiting. Something to do during the winter. Ha ha.

Extremely lucky catch Lare. To lose a chunk of rubber off of the cam chain tensioner and not spin the timing chain and bend valves? Good thing you went after the shifting problem !! Kudos to you. and thanks for sharing that information. It just amazes me how many timing chain issues we have with these bikes.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds