• Page:

TOPIC:

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19181

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Not sure if its of interest, but I was sent this IOM TT 2018 launch video: reminds of why I like the TT so much - 60 days to go :woohoo: .
Watch the first 2 mins to get a reminder of how brave / skilled these guys are - some great photography. Video goes on for well over an hour with interviews with the riders - interesting stuff if you're a Road Race fan or have an hour to kill.

www.iomtt.com/#video

Not sure why but video clip jumps to approx 1min 40 secs in: just drag it back to the start - the best bit.
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim, zed_thirteen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tonto.

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19184

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Thanks for that, Tonto.
The TT is something I always look forward to. Let's hope for good weather. It would be great to see the lap record broken again. I'm sure Michael Dunlop will give it a good go on the BMW !

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19186

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Biltonjim - next time in Europe I will make sure to time it to be when the TT race is on. Would be cool to go watch it together!
I am still having a split brain between calling these guys suicidal maniacs and superhuman. Sometimes I even would want to call them idiots! But that's probably because I just could never do this and can't grasp the skill they develop over time to be able to handle this race. TT is definitely one crazy race. I would never believe that there is no element of insanity in every and each one of those riders.

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19200

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Stan, think you're right - more I see onboard footage the more I think WTF are they thinking - genuinely admire their bravery (or is that insanity).
Check out this little clip of Bruce Anstey mounting the Kerb at 260KPH about 3 feet froma stone wall - he doesn't even shut off

BiltonJim , have to agree with you re Dunlop, cant see anyone getting near him this year: Hutchy is still injured, McG is not fully fit and on the Norton - maybe someone like Peter Hickman or Bruce Anstey can stay with him.
My genuine claim to fame, (its a very long story) but two weeks ago Bruce Anstey's 2018 TT "Padgets" Superbike was on my drive at home - they did not want me to take a piccy of it - shame it was gorgeous.

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19201

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Great idea, Stan!

I, too, have often pondered whether or not TT riders are insane or superhuman. I think it is a bit of both. When you see - from the on bike camera - the rate at which they are rushing towards potentially fatal situations, one can't help but think that they do possess skills far above the average. To be able to mentally process and react to what is happening, at the speed it is happening - incredible ! It must take something special to be able to ride, almost at the limit, for 200 miles.

What a shame. Tonto, that you could not capture one photo of Bruce Anstey's bike. But at least you've seen it in the flesh. I remember, years ago, going to Allan Jefferies motorcycle showroom at Shipley, West Yorkshire, to look at the Britton V1000 which Nick Jefferies was going to ride at that years TT races. An amazing machine!

TT 2018 Launch Video 6 years 4 weeks ago #19205

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I'd say quite a bit of both. Amazing insanity.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds