• Page:

TOPIC:

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17173

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
As well as my love of Z13's and other old school Kwaks, I do like 2 Strokes, and yesterday I bought this tidy little tiddler. Genuine 11k miles from new and seems in very good condition. Not that powerful (just over 60bhp), but it only weighs about as much as a bag of sugar: totally different riding experience to the big Kwak, but nice and involving all the same.

Anyone else into the old "stink wheels" ?

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17175

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
She's a beaut !! I'm in lust.
Before I cleared out the stable, I had Kawasaki triples. 1975 H2 750, 1973 H1 and a 1976 KH500 500cc . Prior 2 strokes included a KX125 and a KX250 motocross which I raced. Then moved on to the street . .with a 1972 Kawasaki S2 350 and a S3 400cc. Loved them all. Ran Castrol R40 caster bean oil and stunk up the place. Then found a love for the perfume of Klotz. My leathers were always banished from the house but I never needed to spray the work shop with air freshener. Never had to kick the wife out of the shop either. it was a win, win alround.
I don't think the 400cc twin Suzuki ever made it to Canada. All I ever remember seeing was the 380cc 550cc and 750cc triples. Maybe I only had 3 jugs on the brain??
Ok, going outside to smoke some techniplate in the weedwacker. See what you've done??

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17177

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
John, would have loved an H2 750 - one bike I've never got to ride (yet) :( - like you I love triples, they have a unique and glorious soundtrack
This bike was imported into the UK from Japan 8 years ago: the RG400 was never sold outside Japan, think it was designed to meet their local laws and regulations - basically its a sleeved down RG500 square four (pistons must be size of a thimble) - but my, when it hits 6k RPM upto 9K it screams like an old race bike - cant believe 400cc can feel so rapid :woohoo: :woohoo:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17179

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Wow, she's a beaty. Never seen the RG 400 in my life before, I guess she never made it to Germany. I know the RG500, however haven't seen one for decades.
A very rare item, congrats.

Though, do I smell some oil here on my keyboard ?

cheers,
Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17181

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I had forgotten that the RG400 was a 4 cylinder. Now I have to go and put on my droole bib. Might as well practice for the old age home. Something tells me that someone kitted cylinders to size it back to 500cc ?? Rg500 are next to nonexistent here in Canada, either that or they only come out on full moons that happen on Fridays.

Ive started smoking again ! 6 years 7 months ago #17190

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Yes you can get a 470 big bore kit & Stan Stephens will tune it so that it makes very nearly what the 500 makes But I'd leave it as is if it were me, it would only make it more peaky & fragile.
Only dead fish go with the flow

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds