DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #12980

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

kza13 wrote:

Ledkz1300 wrote: How much louder would you say KZA? 25%, 50%

Did you lose any performance?

I like my DG but I would love to have it at least 25% louder. It only makes a lot of noise when I'm getting on it hard.

Bit louder i'd say otherwise I would of put the fiberglass back on, give it a go, simple mod really, as for performance .... who knows, I ride at 2 speeds ... flat out and stopped, not into the technical side, it runs and goes good, the baffle tube is straight thru anyway so all your doing is removing some of the "deadening" (wonder if that's a word) :-) ,cheers

Thanks man. The reason I ask about performance is when I first got the 79 it had a ghetto 6-1-2. Someone welded a pair of old pumpkin launcher stock cans from another bike onto what was left of a rotted off DG 6-1.

It was leaking so bad and sounded awful so I cut it off at the collector. The engine was coming out in a few weeks and a new DG as already here so why not? Well... it sounded great but was a tad loud LOL. However, it did lose something in terms of performance. Presumably the carbs would had to have been adjusted and such but it was breaking down at higher rpms and lost grunt in the low end as well.

I guess the removal of the restriction gave it too much flow? So just removing the fiberglass shouldn't remove the restriction.... just remove the sound deadening which is what I want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #13013

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Wanted to video the sound but it didn't work, wish I could get good sound

Moved camera and went for a blast down the highway and back

after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Last edit: by kza13.

DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #13018

• Z1300rider
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi all, on the subject of exhausts I would appreciate a few opinions. The system on my 13 is finished and I am planning on creating a new one. The initial plan is to use a UK available Predator system as far as the 3 into 1 collectors and then mig weld my own transitions on to some kind of end can, and then, when satisfied with the look of the final system, have it professionally tig welded so that it looks good. The problem is that I fancy the look of the 6-1 system offered by Predator but I hear that the 6-2 makes the engine run better. Anyone got any views on that?. Also, the end cans- I hate those horrid full length things supplied with the Predator exhaust kit and I intend to use some sort of ill silenced short, stubby cans such as the ones offered on Ebay. Has anybody heard or used them? .Many thanks ,Marc. :evil:

DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #13019

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
You're on the same lines as me, how to make another pipe that sounds fantastic but doesn't look odd.
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/suspensio...9-home-made-6-into-1
I'm thinking 6 into 1 potentially will make the best sound you can get from a 13 but I don't like the look of the bike with no silencer on one side and also don't like modern looking silencers on them, which limits things for a definate plan. I too would like to see and hear those cheap stubby cans off ebay,they may look and sound the business. I may be able to borrow a selection of end cans off friends who break bikes and try them out for look and sound but its all on hold until the bike runs like new...hopefully soon.
:) Z13 UK

DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #13027

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
I ran a 6 into 1 with a 40cm long race can for about 5 years, sold that & now run a 6 into 2 with balance pipe & two stubby race cans (about 25cm long, as per my member pic). I do think it sounds better with the 6 into 2 but it is down to personal preference of course. I don't remember noticing any difference in performance, but generally a 6 into 1 will give slightly better top end at the expense of some midrange & a 6 into 2 better midrange (where you ride most of the time) at the expense of a little top end. I actually introduced some reducers to the outlets of the cans (3/4 of the original opening) as they were a bit too loud for me & sound better to my ears that way ...I must getting old :( lol.
Only dead fish go with the flow

DG 6 into 1 exhaust 7 years 9 months ago #13029

• wirral_biker
  • Thank you received: 5
Just to give you an idea :) ...( previous owner had these fitted so I don't know who by etc )
...my 6 into two ( baffled ) sound superb. I also like the more more look.
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral :-)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds