TOPIC:

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10870

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Cabin Fever has taken hold, and I am taking fettling to new extremes :ohmy:
Winter is really dragging on here in the UK, not too cold but wet wet wet: just heard on the radio that one place had its' 81st consecutive day of rain - oh what fun.

Anyway back to the Z13 - as I cant ride it everything is off being checked over, refurbed or polished - due to extreme bike withdrawal symptoms I got carried away and took the paint set to a (mate) paint shop - decided she will be Candy Burnt Lime (Kwak H1 & H2 1974 colour): always liked that colour and rather than put her back to Luminous Starlight Blue, I thought I would do something different. :whistle: :whistle:

I know it wont be the same for the lucky forum members based in the southern hemisphere: but is anyone else experiencing similar withdrawal symptoms ??
Not sure how the guys in the Nordic countries cope ?? Roll On Spring

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10872

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
It's only -6 cel. here in southern Ontario this morning. 2 days ago it was -18 cel. Last winter we had a stretch of -25 cel. so I ain't complaining. Besides, I'm out of here and headed to Australia and New Zealand for a month. Busy trip planned including a cruise. (The wife planned it)

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10874

• lucasind
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
B) Hello Tonto ! I had a "cabin fever" hangover....but I found the cure ! Head to better weather ! :cheer:
Loaded up the van ...and one bike (on the ass end) and went to Florida for 8 glorias days ....where the temp. was between 85-90 every day !
I bought another Voyager 6 months ago...and left me ol' chum Craig Z go look at it and make the deal, and am leaving it in Florida for good !
Here is a look at the 1000,000 mile bike that I paid next to nothing for, and it runs like a new bike !

Here is a look at how I saved a $1000.00 dollar" weekly rental fee" RIP OFF ! I pulled one of our many bikes behind the van, 1100 miles thru foul weather...but when we got to Florida, it was like some one flicked on the "sun switch" and AWESOME weather began for our holiday !
Not to mention ,that we are enjoying $1.75 /gal. gas along the interstate....which got us there and back for $200.00 bucks ! as opposed to the $1360.00 to fly down there !

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10875

• lucasind
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Handy little device ,that attaches to your class 3 frame mount hitch...and allows for a perfect way to eliminate a cumbersome trailer...and only pull the weight of the bike....with only the rear wheel touching the pavement !

It really sucks to be back home where things are cold and icy....after a week in paradise ! .........Tony :)

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10876

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95

Kawboy wrote: It's only -6 cel. here in southern Ontario this morning. 2 days ago it was -18 cel. Last winter we had a stretch of -25 cel. so I ain't complaining. Besides, I'm out of here and headed to Australia and New Zealand for a month. Busy trip planned including a cruise. (The wife planned it)

If you're comming my way we could make a time for coffee. I'm in South East Queensland and highly mobile.
Anyhow you'll be here for more than a month because you wont want to leave
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10877

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
You suck, Tony! (JK, of course!) Question: that bike "dolly", do you have to remove the chain? Prolly wouldn't be good for a shaft drive, huh? Don't like small, lightweight trailers? Harbor Freight's smallest trailer would handle even my big beast with a single rail added, and it's only $137 from time to time.
I was going to ask how you keep coming up with all these great bike deals, but I realize you do have to take a chance, and sometimes you sorta lose. I guess you came out smelling like roses on this one! Congrats! I think I got lucky on my latest 1300, too! I've been meaning to ask, did you come out ahead overall on that Gold Wing you put so much time into?

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds