TOPIC:

Owning a KZ1300, knowing other owners / the scene 10 years 5 months ago #587

• BigSix
  • BigSix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Hi guys

I own my Z1300 since 20 years now and basically with buying it I bought into the group of people which was forming back then which today for the German Interest Group. We know each other, meet at rallies and to some of them I have contact throughout the year. We even know the guys from other countries now, basically France (great guys with tons of humour), Danmark, Sweden and Finland (never saying no to a drink) and the ones from the Netherlands. You just see them from time to time and its always good to meet again (over a few beers).

I know there is a group in the Uk that is connected together but have met one from the Uk only once or twice, however I got to know throught contact with Dread (z1300.co.uk) what is going on there.

I know just wonder if you own a KZ1300 and you live in the US, South Africa or even Guatemela if you have contacts there (maybe also in person) and if you get together in any way.

Thanks for any insight.

regards,

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Owning a KZ1300, knowing other owners / the scene 10 years 5 months ago #591

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Holger,

There's no organization here in the USA dedicated solely to 1300's. WRGoo56 told me that there was a group in Ohio but I was unable to find their presence on the net. The closest 1300 to my location, that I know of, belongs to Lonnie, who lives near Seattle. He's a member here and also participated in the old yahoo group. I know that a group of vintage Kawasaki enthusiasts is planning a rally next summer in the four corners area of the south west USA. I'm going to do my best to attend.

So for the time being I suppose our interest group will have to continue virtually. Of course, if you were to visit Oregon I'm pretty sure I could fix you up with a bike.

We'd have some good times then!

Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Owning a KZ1300, knowing other owners / the scene 10 years 5 months ago #654

• wrgoo56
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I have not been able to find their web page any more. This is the only group I am part of. I have had my bike back out for 3 months now and mostly what I here from people is I didn't know they made a KZ 1300 and I live in Ohio. So when we say they are rare here in the states we are not kidding. I got my kz 1300 new in 79 and its at times has been a pain in the butt. But I still love my bike cause plainly put there is not much out there with this kind of power when its all working right.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds