TOPIC:

Carb Jet Question EXPERIENCE Required. 10 years 1 week ago #3060

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I now ask any experience of owners who have FIRST HAND QUALIFIED....... PROVEN experience (ONLY) of re-jetting 1300 CARBS to suit a 6 INTO 1 exhaust system.

Please do not take this in the wrong manner, but if you have not successfully carried this out & been 100% successful, then please do not reply to this post, as I already have many opinions..............that are not what I need for our specific 1300 CARB model.

I have NEVER had to re-jet a 1300 for anything........ever !
This includes fitting air filters or a 6 into 1 exhaust.........as they are normally happy to run with then fitted without re-jetting.

HOWEVER........my bike is running very well but it STILL too rich............so I know its too much fuel on main jet.

Has anyone had this issue & 100% SUCCESSFULLY re-jetted to overcome the problem & be 100% happy with the result ?????

If so................starting with STANDARD 110 main jets...........what size jets did you fit to get it right ??????

No opinions PLEASE...............just 100% proof of success or not at all..............thanks.

I could REALLY do WITHOUT this becoming a debate or suggestion post...........just 100% experience feed back post...........THANKS !!!

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.

Carb Jet Question EXPERIENCE Required. 10 years 1 week ago #3065

• rob
  • Thank you received: 12
set your air screws to 3 and a half turns out. Leave the 110 main jets in

Carb Jet Question EXPERIENCE Required. 10 years 1 week ago #3066

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Rob,

Thanks for your reply, but my mixture screws & settings are all 100% as used a Colortune Plug to do that.

Its MAIN JETS I wanted any experience or advice on.........which are currently 110 and too rich which is why I asked the question & need to change them.

Thanks

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Carb Jet Question EXPERIENCE Required. 10 years 1 week ago #3075

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
What I have always done is to go down one size at a time until when at a normal road speed in 5th gear you give wide open throttle is stalls a bit and then picks up when you back off the throttle a touch then go back to the next size up.
Don't hold it at WOT for very long (5 seconds max which is heaps long enough to feel the stalling) as lean mixtures burn hot and that can destroy a piston. I will add that this is very unlikely to happen at a normal road speed.
By stalling I mean it doesn't miss but feels sluggish.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Last edit: by RickG.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds