Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Replacement petcock petrol tap 3 years 9 months ago #27257

• Akz1300
  • Akz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Just sharing my experience with changing my leaking original vacuum petrol tap today- read the previous forums & decided not to invest in the Pingel type as 1. Expensive 2. Didn't fancy filing out hole in tank to make it fit!
I bought a pattern Suzuki 44300-45011 GS series £23.39 off ebay just it see if it fitted & quality etc, then may buy the genuine one if available.
It worked perfect for the 44mm bolt hole spacings, it doesn't leak and gives me about 5- 5.5 Ltrs reserve- from just testing with flows with tank on a bench. The tank filter attached is actually fixed off centre but smaller so still fitted ok. not perfectly smooth to operate but acceptable, the tap looks fine cosmetically.
The vacuum outlet is smaller so had to adapt clip on vacuum pipe, the feed pipe is externally the same but internal diameter about 1.5mm smaller. It doesn't leak, the tap does just fit without hitting anything but feed pipe is nearer to the rear & still faces carbs- a little awkward to get pipe feed clip on.
I have still got to test run the bike- I don't thrash it or do long high speed runs so I'm hoping the petrol flow will still be ok enough for me- I did nearly buy another original Suzuki one I found, but then realised it had 50mm bolt centres- perhaps could be adapted ? £42. Will try the bike in the next couple of days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bucko, zed_thirteen, Bloke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacement petcock petrol tap 3 years 9 months ago #27262

• Akz1300
  • Akz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Completed a 10m run mainly 75-80 mph no problem !
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen, Bloke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds