Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26761

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Quote Strate6 'I don't have time to start any carry on with vacuum pumps and what have you, as its not necessary.'

Well that's where we differ then, Pete , because I like to know the REASON things don't work - seemingly you'd rather not do any investigative work on that fuel tap, which might have exposed the problem, to the benefit of you AND others on this forum. That's your choice, and you are entitled to make it.

However -
Quote Strate6 'Opinions and speculations are always there'

Hopefully, yes they are. Other folk's opinions, even if they haven't personally encountered the same problem, can be helpful, and shouldn't be brusquely dismissed. We are all sharing this forum in the hope we can help others, and be helped ourselves when the need arises.

Anyway, I bow in apology for wasting your precious time. I'll know better in the future..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by biltonjim.

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26763

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Thank you Jim,

I now have a solution to the issue from another owner who has had the problem themselves and found a fix, rather than just an opinion or shooting in the dark, which is what I politely asked for in my first post.

Pete F

" Please and with all due respect...................I am after experience on this rather than opinions, so please only reply if you have this system fully operational and working on a 1300.............! ""
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Last edit: by strate6.

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26768

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
strate6
Found this topic interesting - to a point. and blah blah blah.
So to the point: What was the fix you refer too ?
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26769

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The fix is to cut 2 turns off the diaphram spring (shorter) as there appears to be differences in the strength of the spring from tap to tap........ which is the reason why the same model tap has worked for me in the past numerous times without issue.

This was exactly the kind of experienced answer I was looking for an needed from someone who actually has a current and running Z1300 with the GPZ900R tap fitted and functioning, so they knew exactly what they were talking about in relation to this issue.

Pete F
Uk.

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26770

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Thanks for the answer. Kawboy beat me to this one:
from kawboy: <....you've elected to go with a GPZ900 vacuum operated valve and just maybe the spring in that diaphragm is stiffer than what would have been in the original KZ1300 fuel valve. Just throwing it out there for thought.>
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

GPZ900R Vacuum Fuel Tap...............Questions. 3 years 11 months ago #26774

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you for your reply, but nobody beat you to it at all !

If that is the case................then how come is does not work with the standard length spring...............yet it does work with the shorther length ????

And............if you take the time to look back, I also covered Kawboys reply to this earlier, as he mentions "the original KZ1300 fuel valve" which is incorrect as we all know, as the original TAP on any KZ1300 does not have a diaphram vacuum feed with spring or any form of fuel valve, so not applicable at all !

Please and with all due respect...................I am after experience on this rather than opinions, so please only reply if you have this system fully operational and working on a 1300.............!

Pete F
UK

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds