Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25527

• CWB
  • CWB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
Just removed and cleaned major earth wire connected to underside of engine . Tight spot so removed air cleaner ducts to carbies battery case and air box. Just wo

Questions:
1. The rubber air duct from air box to carby throat. Do normally slide on and remain like that despite the spring compression which must be pretty light. Or is it wise to put a very light coat of non hardening gasket goo on the metal lip.

2. The part described as " nipple Fuel" between the carbys are OK but the outside holes on both outside carbys are open . Should they be blocked off?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25528

• CWB
oops not having a good day!
Attachments:

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25529

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
It's good to use a thin layer of dielectric grease. It will help putting the carbs back into these boots when putting things back together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CWB

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25531

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Just took a second look at your post and I think I understand now what you mean by 'nipple Fuel', but it was a small challenge :dry:
Those holes on the sides of the carb bodies are for fuel supply. They are drilled through where the line goes in, and blind where it doesn't - like on the outer sides visible on carbs #1 and #3. Scotch drilled them out and added extra fuel line supply to the carbs, having two lines supplying fuel to these carbs on the outside instead of just the 'T' only on the inside of the carb 1 and 2 and a straight through connector between 2 and 3.

Back to the airbox boots in the photo, just to make sure, no gaskets of any kind! Just a smear of dielectric grease when assembling for easier slip on.

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25536

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
I agree with Stan on the use of Di-electric Silicone grease, Available at Auto parts stores. A SMALL amount goes a long way and will help? to preserve the seals.
Once you've used Silicone grease you'll find other uses for it such as on O-Rings. Make the installation of various such parts very easy !
The three carb. bodies are Identical. The factory simply drilled out the appropriate ports. The right port on the Left side carb., Both ports for the Center carb. and the left port for the Right side carb.
Stan mentioned my modification for Dual fuel-lines. It's in the forum somewhere so I won't elaborate further, other then to say I love the appearance (made S/S fuel lines and furls). Works perfectly ! The fuel lines C/W filter and a homemade "Tee" are Horizontal, right form the petcock, but with a very slight "down-hill" to the carbs. No Loops, high or low spots. I simply capped the OEM "Tee".
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.

1982 KZ 1300 Query 4 years 4 months ago #25540

• CWB
Thanks Stan and Scotch , very much appreciate your informative advice. Have dielectric grease and been using elsewhere. Was a bit twitchy about how the well the "ducts" sealed, obviously all from new!.

Will find your bit on fuel line modification.

Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds