TOPIC:

Replacement Injectors 5 years 1 week ago #23589

• Gavin
  • Gavin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi guys

Are there any injectors from other vehicles that are a direct swop with the ZG1300, I am sending mine for servicing but it would be nice to know, if any mine need renewing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacement Injectors 5 years 6 days ago #23645

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationGavin,

I know of no other injectors that are even that form factor, much less that match the flow specs and nozzle config. I have been gathering parts for a future FI conversion and have been looking for new larger injectors that will allow for Flex Fuel. My hope was to be able to use the ZN throttle body without having to weld/machine it for new injectors.

FI at that point in time was a different animal, so there were lots of different format injectors made.

There is a full set on eBay for $80, shipped:

May be worth sending those in as well and have them pick the best 6 of the two lots. The spray pattern and flow rate is important.

BTW, I have bought some parts from that seller - good guy and easy to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin

Replacement Injectors 5 years 6 days ago #23648

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Frank833 wrote: Gavin,

I know of no other injectors that are even that form factor, much less that match the flow specs and nozzle config. I have been gathering parts for a future FI conversion and have been looking for new larger injectors that will allow for Flex Fuel. My hope was to be able to use the ZN throttle body without having to weld/machine it for new injectors.

FI at that point in time was a different animal, so there were lots of different format injectors made.

There is a full set on eBay for $80, shipped:

May be worth sending those in as well and have them pick the best 6 of the two lots. The spray pattern and flow rate is important.

BTW, I have bought some parts from that seller - good guy and easy to work with.

I see another Megasquirt project in the works Frank. Adaboy ! Looking forward to following THAT topic when you get to it. I would love to build out a Megasquirt 3 kit , weldolet inserts, 17 lb injectors ( you probably want 24lb injectors for ethanol) and incorporate a wide band O2 sensor. Cat's Ass !! I'd be dumping the throttle bodies for throttle plates and horns with the weldolet in the intake manifold. Lot of work but this is the kind of stuff I like to do. God what I'd give for a machine shop to play in.:evil:

Replacement Injectors 5 years 6 days ago #23649

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Gavin wrote: Hi guys

Are there any injectors from other vehicles that are a direct swop with the ZG1300, I am sending mine for servicing but it would be nice to know, if any mine need renewing

Off the top of my head Gavin, I had an Arctic Cat snowmobile back in the day which had similar injectors where the fuel feed came from a rubber manifold like the ZN1300 fuel feed. Might be worth cruising around in the snowmobile section for injectors. If I was looking for "other" injectors similar, it would be worth asking an injector service company because I'm sure they've come across them and can point you in the right direction (including spec'd sizing)

Replacement Injectors 5 years 6 days ago #23651

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Kawboy wrote: I see another Megasquirt project in the works Frank.

Probably. That's part of why I went ahead and put the O2 sensor in now. I will likely do flex fuel and size the injectors for 150hp (figuring even if I do cams and head work on top of my big bore, it will still not reach that point). Using the ZN throttle bodies is the easy way out, but I do NOT like the little reflector they have installed to get the fuel headed towards the valve. But not sure I want to butcher this head to put the injectors where they belong.

I am currently finishing up an MS3Pro install with a Turbo DOHC 4L V8. The factory DFI is dark ages compared to what is typical today. Figured out today I have a small water leak from the front of the engine. I'm pulling the engine tonight and a replacement for the offending gasket will be here at 10am...

BTW, GPZ1100 injectors from 1982/1983 *LOOK* like ZN injectors. But who knows if flow/spray pattern are the same. A GPZ is making similar HP from 4 cylinders. So *IF* they are the same, the ZN injectors where oversize from the start.

BTW, I have extra bedrooms. You could always take a vacation to use the tools! I think Trump still lets you guys across the border.

Replacement Injectors 4 years 11 months ago #23751

• Gavin
  • Gavin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
I sent the injectors off for cleaning and today I have started putting them back together, the report stated that before cleaning the
patterns were fair or bad with reduced flow, the post cleaning shows a definite improvement, need to get them back in and the bike up and running to really see what improvement has been gained.
Report results below
Attachments:

Last edit: by Gavin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds