Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel and start up issues 4 years 9 months ago #24696

• yellowperilbikes
  • Thank you received: 1
Esso 97 Supreme has no ethanol, except in Teeside, Devon, and Cornwall. Had email from Esso 2019 to that effect, and no plans to add it. I have 16 bikes so go down with loads of cans and fill up. Technically there is supposed to be a limit on cans on car etc, but I get about 12 gallons at one go.
I have 5 big Z. I have one from Italy doing the start but not run for ages thing.
There was some fuel in tank. Maybe I should have removed.
Had the carbs off and cleaned the galleries etc. Then tap started to leak out the front. Ethanol. Carbs had odd feel to parts inside. Did notice diaphragms all looked sad. Sort of creased and stiff, instead of flexible. Ethanol. Fortunately not diaphragm tap! On lot of bikes ethanol kills them, fuel goes through all the time, some bikes it can go down the vac pipe into engine. Any carb floats not perfect, due to ethanol, will flood. On some bikes that will fill engine! Crank first thing goes. Had 900 Speed Triple that guy had fixed crank, and went again in 400 miles!
Used to remove ethanol with coloured distilled water method before Esso discovery.
Wrote to all the suppliers. All had 5 or 10 per cent. 15 in places in Europe!
Save the world. Have petrol that knackers everything.
Viton and not rule can handle it. Have to buy not rule fuel line. Ordinary goes brick hard in 2 months. Have had lines snap off when lift tank!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds