• Page:

TOPIC:

Dynojet kits. 5 years 7 months ago #21337

• McZee
  • McZee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Does anyone here have any experience or even an opinion on the carburettor jet kits available for the Z1300. Dynojet do one, and there is also a company called Sigma offering a cheaper version. The big question is, are they any good?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dynojet kits. 5 years 7 months ago #21342

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Waste of money as far as I'm concerned. I bought one - installed it many years ago, but couldn't measure any difference with it so took it all back off. Maybe if you were racing your bike it might do something , but for every day use - save your money. Even with my big bore kit, engine doesn't have any trouble getting enough fuel.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, DannyKZ, Kawboy

Dynojet kits. 5 years 7 months ago #21348

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Presumably the original idea of a 'jet kit' was to either correct or alter factory jetting, or jet for specific matched modifications to inlet / exhaust / flow work?

So if fitted to a standard engine, the impact would depend on how bad any deficiencies are in the factory jetting (for example deliberate flat spots to pass rev-specific nosie tests?) and I've read in a few posts the Z13 is reckoned to run rich as standard?

So if there's any benefit to our particular engines, would it only be if substantial changes to exhaust (straight through / racing types as TH says) and back pressure are made?
(and even then would need to be fairly well matched to the jet kit, otherwise it's dyno-time!)
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.

Dynojet kits. 5 years 7 months ago #21350

• McZee
  • McZee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Thanks for the info guys. I have to admit I'm a real sucker for things that are advertised to make your bike run better. Also with these kits they say that a drill bit of the correct size is supplied. Any idea what the drill bit could be for?

Dynojet kits. 5 years 7 months ago #21351

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
idle screw caps perhaps?
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds