Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Petcock filter 5 years 8 months ago #20981

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Thanks scotch for a push when my mind wants to wander.
Indeed, and I'd be staying true to what I originally want, I will keep it as is, keep that black 'chimney' as is, and find an adequate brass tube to fit into the reserve hole sticking out just enough so I could solder a nice brass micro mesh to have that port protected.
Always a help! Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Petcock filter 5 years 8 months ago #20985

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Stan if this is about lack of availability of the OE mesh as a seperate spare, have you gone through the alternate tap options suggested in this old thread;

(The Suzuki taps appear the easiest swap, not sure if the vac operation is an advantage or not.)

HomeForumMain ForumParts & Bikes for Sale or Wanted51023-1028 TAP ASSY,FUEL (petcock)
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Petcock filter 5 years 8 months ago #20991

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes, I have the Suzuki one bookmarked. I guess the benefit of the vacuum hook up would be an additional shut off security measure - no vacuum no fuel.
And I know there is a Pingel petcock, very nice, but that's like $200 plus I think 40 for adapter plate.

I have refurbished the one I have, and it works very well. I am just thinking it would be a shame not to use it. I also got a fine specialty brass mesh, and which is actually made for fuel filtration.
I have lots of pieces of brass sheets, so it should be no problem to fabricate something even more complex. There is always time to get the Suzuki one of course, so I think I am covered.

Petcock filter 5 years 7 months ago #20993

• RChaloner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Yep, sounds good.

Brass mesh and plate is the perfect choice also as you can solder that and get a perfect seal and good strength with a bit of overlap on joints.
1979 KZ1300 A1
1999 K1200LT - now sold, I like them however was nearly as big as my X5 but no faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds