TOPIC:

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17345

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Gents
after some help with a carb washer,, the part i am referring to is the washer that goes on the diaphragm post[probably not the correct description] the part number is kawasaki 92022-1155 but obviously it is unavailable i am not too sure if it is a crucial component but does anyone know the size so i may be able to source an alternative
many thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17346

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
The "washer" you are referring to is the spacer that prevents the slide carrier from making metal-to-metal contact with the carb body.
From my notes I put in my manual - .5mm thick, 13mm I/S dia., 17mm O/S dia. I believe this spacer also allows for a correct clearance between the end of the vacuum-post and the bottom of it's bore. This I believe maintains an adequate gap to allow responsive changes in vacuum, which is crucial for correct slide/mixture operation.
The spacer is required. They are difficult to obtain. Assembly without them will seriously affect the high-speed needle performance because the slides and needles will be .5mm lower (leaner) in the jets. A set of carbs I obtained for rebuilding with the intent to re-sell, had one (1) missing. I couldn't find anything I could use as a substitute but got very lucky when another member offered one. I would suggest that a more thorough Google search may get you something that could be used.
If you've got a '79 ( sorry - can't recall) then you'll need the specific part. These needles have only one slot for the c-clip so no easy possibility of adjusting the needle height. If you have an '80 and up with 5-slot needles, then you at least have a better chance of maintaining the correct mixture, if you substitute.
So keep in mind: If you end up making some (plastic/fiber) spacers, the difference in the OEM thickness vs the material you use, must be given consideration to avoid "chasing" your mixture..
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulb, Kawboy

Last edit: by scotch.

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17349

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Yes, I remember an interesting series of posts on this subject, to which you contributed, Scotch.
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/parts-bik...-washer?limitstart=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, paulb

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17357

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Guys
may have tracked down a source for these washers will know more next week as i am waiting for an e-mail reply but i think the german mcg shop has them maybe of some help to other members

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17361

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
This is the "Duracon" washer. I can't remember who it was (it's been a few years) but someone on this site machined some from old 2-stroke reed valve material and sent one to me. Hopefully German MCG will be able to help you though.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

carb washer 6 years 7 months ago #17363

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hopefully the new washers are winging there way to me now, i also ordered a couple of washers that go on the carb inlet rubbers which will hopefully cure the leak i have between the head and the inlet rubber although i am still undecided about if i should put any form of gasket sealant on them

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds