Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Black Knight Race developments Z1300 DFI 5 years 1 month ago #23425

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248

I that 1300 in the Japanese Bōsōzoku style? That "chin spoiler" is called a belly pan here in the UK

The first thing that came to min mind was - bosozoku! That's exactly what they do. I guess the headlight raised a couple feet wouldn't pass the MOT, but the striping suggest the theme.

I've never heard of a 'chin spoiler' before, even talking to the guys in the USA. Just did a quick search and on Canadian sites they sell a 'belly pan'. But hey, Canada is British, and I live in British Columbia. I'm surprised people don't drive lorries here and take out rubbish. And British Columbia is sort of California wanna bee, the Hollywood North, so it's kind of like one food in the UK and the other in the USA, and I live in the middle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

Black Knight Race developments Z1300 DFI 5 years 1 month ago #23426

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Just did a quick search again for 'motorcycle belly pan canada' and 'motorcycle chin spoiler canada'.

For belly pan lots of images for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha etc. For chin spoiler mostly Harley Davidson. Belly pans mostly triangular at the bottom in front of the engine. Chin spoilers many extending up to the top, hence the word 'chin'? Perhaps the names come with a territory? That's my superficial impression. I've never owned a Harley so perhaps that's why I'm not familiar. Maybe it's the California bike scene.

Chin Spoilers / Belly scoops Production 5 years 1 month ago #23443

• GP motorcycle customs
  • GP motorcycle customs
  • Thank you received: 2
HI Guys

Sorry for the late "check in"
The specific Chin / Belly scoop spoilers in question and seen in the below pic on my old bike are at present being cast off there moulds and will be available in the next few months this kit will include mounting brackets and instilation instructions if anyone is interested.

Updated pics of the new Chin / Belly scoop spoilers will also be available soon on this thread

I have also just imported and collected from customs two original FULL Godier Genoud fairings and will also have these in production later this year.
Again pics of these beautiful fairings will also be posted soon on this thread.

Thanks

Chin Spoilers / Belly scoops Production 5 years 1 month ago #23448

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Been out in the shop all day/evening the last several days so just catching up...

Sorry for starting the Chin Spoiler/Belly Pan debate!

What I really like about this "Belly Pan" is that it appears to be one piece that also wraps the radiator. Looks a lot more factory than an other that I have seen.

GP motorcycle customs wrote: ... will be available in the next few months this kit will include mounting brackets and instilation instructions if anyone is interested....

I am interested!

GP motorcycle customs wrote: .
...I have also just imported and collected from customs two original FULL Godier Genoud fairings and will also have these in production later this year....

Would that be this fairing? I love this one, but the bars are probably a bit low for this old body I'm toting around.

Attachments:

Chin Spoilers / Belly scoops Production 5 years 1 month ago #23449

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Being Texan, I can't help adding add fuel to the fire...

A belly pan is a pan that goes under the engine. Some racing requires them to contain oil from a frag'd motor.

A chin spoiler is an aerodynamic item that goes on the chin.

Air Tech www.airtech-streamlining.com shows it clearly....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Chin Spoilers / Belly scoops Production 5 years 1 month ago #23465

• GP motorcycle customs
  • GP motorcycle customs
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Frank883

Yes you are correct these are the exact GG Full fairings I took delivery of and they will be available later this year from GPMC including mounting brackets and instillation instructions as a complete kit.
As for the chin spoiler I will advertise these as soon as the complete kits are available for purchase

Thank you for you enquiry
GPMC ( Grand Prix Motorcycle Customs )

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds