Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 month ago #26105

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I'm sure we'd all admit that we didn't buy a bike of this type for fuel economy- more like size, power ,speed, prestige. Fuel ecnomy would be number 10 on the list.
And the way things are going right now it looks like the cost of that fuel will get cheaper- so the fuel economy will be even more irrelevant.
I was in Edmonton, Alberta - the capital city of Alberta, a couple of weeks ago and a litre of regular gasoline was .87c. It hasn't been at that price for a number of years.
And in spite of Greta Thumberg paying a visit to the city late last year in the attempt to scare school children into the climate change apocalypse, there seems to be a serious disconnect between what the media try to tell us and what people will actually do if left to make a personal choice. I noticed while driving around the city that the Ford dealerships still have a huge number of pickup trucks for sale. This one dealership noted here- of the 287 new vehicles on the lot, 143 of them are F-150's. Hardly the epitome of fuel economy.
www.dennyandrewsfordsales.ca/new-invento...facet-anchor-model-5
Now multiply that by 3 for the number of Ford dealers in town, and then by 2 for both General Motors and Chrysler selling about the same volume of vehicles, then double that for Toyota and Nissan , both having a similar vehicle on their lots for sale and that comes to about a 1000 trucks -of just one model. Then there's the F-250 and F-350 and so on.
So I will continue with my part of the disconnect.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 month ago #26106

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

tackelhappy wrote: I'm sure we'd all admit that we didn't buy a bike of this type for fuel economy- more like size, power ,speed, prestige. Fuel ecnomy would be number 10 on the list.
And the way things are going right now it looks like the cost of that fuel will get cheaper- so the fuel economy will be even more irrelevant.
I was in Edmonton, Alberta - the capital city of Alberta, a couple of weeks ago and a litre of regular gasoline was .87c. It hasn't been at that price for a number of years.
And in spite of Greta Thumberg paying a visit to the city late last year in the attempt to scare school children into the climate change apocalypse, there seems to be a serious disconnect between what the media try to tell us and what people will actually do if left to make a personal choice. I noticed while driving around the city that the Ford dealerships still have a huge number of pickup trucks for sale. This one dealership noted here- of the 287 new vehicles on the lot, 143 of them are F-150's. Hardly the epitome of fuel economy.
www.dennyandrewsfordsales.ca/new-invento...facet-anchor-model-5
Now multiply that by 3 for the number of Ford dealers in town, and then by 2 for both General Motors and Chrysler selling about the same volume of vehicles, then double that for Toyota and Nissan , both having a similar vehicle on their lots for sale and that comes to about a 1000 trucks -of just one model. Then there's the F-250 and F-350 and so on.
So I will continue with my part of the disconnect.

Just to put things in perspective, Edmonton is full of oil well workers and things in the oil patch are pretty scary right now. My son works for Schlumberger well services and NOBODY is spending any money on frills. If they have a job and manage to keep it in the present climate, that's a blessing. Nobody's drilling new wells unless the price is above $70 a barrel. If you want to buy a truck, Edmonton or Calgary is the place to go for a deal since the surplus is so high.

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 month ago #26111

• rdurost
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Just for perspective, I have a '77 Honda GoldWing (first generation) that was the first of my "bucket list" bikes I acquired. These 993cc (?) bikes were factory-rated at 82 or 84 HP, and over 600 lbs., water cooled and shaft-driven. Add to this my 275 lb-ish rider weight, and the thing still goes like a scalded cat. The engine is a simple flat-four with only two valves per cylinder, but MAN does it love to rev! Experts recommend never riding it at less than 3000 RPM, but I would recommend 4000 to avoid lugging the engine, and 5000 to start having real fun. Keeping it between 6000 and the 8500 RPM redline is the way to do it properly if your local roads allow, and it makes a BEAUTIFUL noise--especially if you replace the stock "horse-collar" muffler system with a pair of Harley Sportster mufflers like I did.

Anyway, even shifting it under 6000 and riding at normal highway speeds (65 around here) the same experts say you're doing well to average 30 MPG. I have found this to be true in my case.

Richard

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 week ago #26503

• ldemon
  • ldemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank for the reply.
I do not own a kz 1300 for fuel economy haha. I just don't want to damaged some things in the engine.
So if I listen all you, it's normal for 1300 to do a averaged of 245 KLM per tanks, I got the big tanks 27 litre. If so I would be happy to hear that, it would mean that everything is now perfect on my bike.
That the bike all assembled and finally running great. I make the two yellow needle for speedo and Odo as the original one have break with year's of sun.and the brand new DG performance 6 in 1, that a amazing sound, take of the baffle to make it louder a little.

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 week ago #26505

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Sounds about correct. It all depends on your wrist ! :woohoo:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

High fuel consumption 4 years 1 week ago #26508

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Interesting to read about the engine characteristics of your Gold Wing, Richard. I didn’t know they liked to be revved up.
I think Stan has a GL1100. I wonder how that compares to the 1000.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds