Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 11 months ago #24259

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
The picture is priceless. Kudos to you for keeping your priorities straight. The girls are far more important than the bike. All things will come in time. That being said, nothing wrong with declaring 1 hour a day for "me time". I've sacrificed a lot for the betterment of others and not taken "me time" and I have regrets. You need to self fulfill as well. You just have to make it work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluefan44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 11 months ago #24260

• bluefan44
  • bluefan44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4

Kawboy wrote: The girls are far more important than the bike. All things will come in time. That being said, nothing wrong with declaring 1 hour a day for "me time". I've sacrificed a lot for the betterment of others and not taken "me time" and I have regrets. You need to self fulfill as well. You just have to make it work.

Work/family/self is always a balancing act. I had plenty of me time before the girls. It's tough for me to have regrets when they are so amazing. Even cranky and bickering they crack me up.

I hope you managed to get a good balance yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 8 months ago #24880

• bluefan44
With the girls in school I was able to slap her together and head on out for a short ride. Losing coolant from front of the block under the water pump. Not fast enough for me to worry about right now since pulling the engine and replacing the gaskets is not happening until winter or spring or summer.

Attachments:

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 8 months ago #24881

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

bluefan44 wrote: With the girls in school I was able to slap her together and head on out for a short ride. Losing coolant from front of the block under the water pump. Not fast enough for me to worry about right now since pulling the engine and replacing the gaskets is not happening until winter or spring or summer.

Stop the bus !! You just described a water pump seal failure. There is a telltale hole in the water pump housing to vent the backside of the water pump seal so that there is a differential pressure across the seal face. If the seal is failing, coolant will weep out that vent hole and dribble down the outside of the block. Have a closer look before you arbitrarily go and change the head gasket for nothing ( and not fix the problem)

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 8 months ago #24883

• bluefan44
Yeah probably. Not worried about it until winter. I can top off coolant at work no problem.

Low mile kz1300 where to start 4 years 8 months ago #24886

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
I'm moving this topic out of "Welcome New Members and placing it in "Bike Projects."

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds