• Page:

TOPIC:

And so it beigins 6 years 2 months ago #18689

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Sorry not a Z13 (but it is a Kwak): after 12 months under a cover, last week I finally dragged out my H1 and started the fairly significant retso that she will need to have - she is a runner but she needs a total rebuild. I'll post some pics thru the year when there is significant movement.

Re Z13, awoke my Z13 from her hibernation - fresh "super" fuel and fully charged battery came to nothing as she flatly refused to fire up - SNAFU. Not surprised she has always been a viscious b1tch and over past 3-4 years will torment me in anyway she can. .

Mission next week is have the big old girl firing on all cylinders

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tonto.

And so it beigins 6 years 2 months ago #18690

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Well the H1 should be easy to work on. What is the parts situation for that model? I imagine they manufactured a lot more of those than the 1300, so at least second hand parts should be available.

Your 1300 looks good. Hopefully nothing much preventing it from firing up. Always something to be learned from these setbacks!

And so it beigins 6 years 2 months ago #18696

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Your 13 is beautiful. Good luck on the new ride.

And so it beigins 6 years 2 months ago #18697

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Tonto wrote: Sorry not a Z13 (but it is a Kwak): after 12 months under a cover, last week I finally dragged out my H1 and started the fairly significant retso that she will need to have - she is a runner but she needs a total rebuild. I'll post some pics thru the year when there is significant movement.

Re Z13, awoke my Z13 from her hibernation - fresh "super" fuel and fully charged battery came to nothing as she flatly refused to fire up - SNAFU. Not surprised she has always been a viscious b1tch and over past 3-4 years will torment me in anyway she can. .

Mission next week is have the big old girl firing on all cylinders

Cheers Tim

That H1 makes my brain go Ringy-ding-ding-ding-ding,,,,Ringy ding ding ding ding. Love it. I've had more triples than 4 strokes. 72 H1, 72 H2, 72 S2, 74 S3, 74 H2, 75 KH500. Castor oil or Klotz. Oh Boy. Thanks for the memory prod.

Almost everytime I have a engine that won't start after a long lay up, I find that a spray bottle with gasoline and a couple of squirts down the carbs and that usually all it takes. Good luck.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds