Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27692

• MadJack
  • MadJack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello KZ1300 guru's. I just acquired two KZed's, a 79 and 80 and am in the process of resurrecting them (single owner, unridden for the past 7 years, properly stowed). I removed the Vetter Fairing from the 1980, and find that the headlight mounting brackets are not in place. Are there bracket kits available for going headlight only? I see on the forum some of the 1300's have a smaller fairing that accommodates the square headlight, and those look pretty nice. This is the only change I want to make to this 80. The 79 came without a Vetter Fairing but has a round front headlight (my avatar). The previous owner noted this is how he purchased the bike as new, but I don't see any manuals for the 79 KZ1300 that show the round headlight as a stock item. Should the headlight be square? Thanks to all in advance for any suggestions/comments. Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27768

• MadJack
  • MadJack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Glad to see all out riding instead of posting. I found Helmut's www.z1300.de site. That offers s a gold mine of options. I'll post some updates as I bring these zed's back to life. Hope all are enjoying the good riding season.

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27769

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
MadJack, hi
Sorry missed your initial post, but see you've found Helmut's site: good honest guy to deal with (if a little expensive) and his English is way better than my German.
Re headlight, it was a standard square unit fitted across the entire procuction run (1979 onwards)., although have seen a few retro conversions using a round unit. Be good to see some pics when you get time.

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27772

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Also purchased my headlight brackets from Helmut when I took the fairing off my Gran Touring. Perfect fit, good quality and look like the originals.

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27773

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Does Helmut have an English translated webpage. I see some of his stuff is translated however not all of it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this

New Member in need of advice 3 years 6 months ago #27781

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Use Google translate, or when you are really stuck, drop me a line, I speak German.

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds