Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

From Egypt with Love 4 years 5 months ago #25152

• Askar
  • Askar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi members,
Its pleasure to be here in such informative forum :)

I am having question currently I am having opportunity 1979 KZ 1300 that stored for the last almost 8 years as per the owner stating that the bike didn't start up since that day , I am interesting in buying it ... the owner saying that there is rust in inner gas tank + carburetor need to be clean & for sure the lubricant engine oil filter... etc

in terms of shape and paint its good condition..

What else do I need to ask the owner about ? Especially its international deal meaning I can't check the bike my self.

Many thank,
Askar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

From Egypt with Love 4 years 5 months ago #25153

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
First is there an ownership that goes with the bike and is it in the name of the person selling the bike. no ownership price has to go down a bit.
just my thoughts.

From Egypt with Love 4 years 5 months ago #25155

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Buying a motorcycle from another country brings all kinds of problems, not the least is some kind of protection by paying through Paypal and buying from someone who has a verifiable reputation- a rating system somewhat like ebay.
The second biggest issue - if the engine can't be heard or seen operating, then the bike is worth very little - maybe $1000 at best . The engines on these bikes take a lot of time and money to get right- they are a 6 cylinder engine with a lot of moving parts. You must expect the worst if the engine hasn't run for 8 years . We've had several members who have bought from overseas a bike unseen and it was not what the seller had described--- sad to say but some people will promise all kinds of things.
In other words get as much detail as you can - photo's, video's - if some one can go and look at it for you and only pay what it would be worth if it had to be parted out.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Askar

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds