Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20245

• Broes
  • Broes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

My name is André and live in the Netherlands. I have a long history of bikes and have currently a custom Yamaha V-Max 1200. Since a few weeks I am also the proud owner of a Z1300 and of course a member of this forum ;), so it was time for a short introduction.

It is a project bike and far from original. The previous owner did a sort of revision of the motor (new camshaft tensioner, piston rings + valves) and a revision of the carburetors. Besides that he fitted a Accel Coil Kit and a filter kit. The bike runs great and that together with a sharp price was the reason to buy the bike. In the few weeks I have the bike, I replaces the shocks in the rear by a set of a ZXR1200 and I am doing some work on the electrical because it was buggy. The plan for the coming years is finding a bigger sump, try to fit a wider wheel and swingarm, replace the front (fork and brakes), and paint and powdercoat the frame and other parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Broes.

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20246

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Welcome to KZ1300.COM Broes! We're looking forward to pictures of your progress through the revisions you've described. I once considered a V Max but found the riding position too cramped for my bones.
In order to keep the spammers at bay I've set it up so that the first two posts of any new member must be approved by one of the moderators. Once your next post is approved, which sometimes takes a few hours, you'll be able to post without approval.
What's motorcycling in the Netherlands like? It appears that you live in a pretty dense urban area. Is your garage or shop attached to your home?
Once again, Welcome to KZ1300.COM.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20247

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Welcome Andre,
good luck with your restoration - keep the pics coming: always nice to another Z13 being given a new lease of life.
Spent a bit of time in the Netherands (worked in Amstelveen for a while), and made a few trips to Assen of course ! - have some vague but happy memories of a tour around the Heineken Brewery in Amsterdam: odd how when the beer is free its so hard to say no :evil: :sick:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20250

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Nice looking rides !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20252

• Broes
  • Broes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

What's motorcycling in the Netherlands like? It appears that you live in a pretty dense urban area. Is your garage or shop attached to your home?

The dense urban area is just the Residential area where I live however there are plenty of other areas where you can cruise and enjoy the space and nature in our small country;). I have a garage attached to my home which is a blessing.

Spent a bit of time in the Netherlands (worked in Amstelveen for a while)

How nice, Amstelveen isn't that far away from where I live.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Last edit: by Broes.

New member 5 years 9 months ago #20261

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Andre
i also lived in Holland for some time, Uithoorn,
(Amstelveen is just under half way between Amsterdam and Uithoorn tim)
i loved my time their though winter was bitterly cold i found the people very friendly and Holland is so easy to find your way around
I have a KZ1300 and Z1300 amongst a few Ducati,
what is the tail end on the bike? if you know
Dion

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.839 seconds