Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 4 days ago #19398

• dmerc
  • dmerc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Just got an 80 KZ1300 and it has what looks like a Z1R fairing on it. Looks like factory paint. Was the fairing an option? Biike has 4500 miles on it and is in excellent condition, except for a knocking rod. It's a basket case with a lot of potential. Big job though!! Never split cases on a bike before but have rebuilt a couple automatic transmissions so it's not my first rodeo. I'm in NM USA if that matters. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions. Thanks for any info. Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 4 days ago #19402

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Welcome to the site. A few pics would be nice.

Regarding the fairing- There are a number of 1300's out there with 1/4 headlight fairings. It's a nice look and many have opted to buy and install the 1/4 fairing (myself included) It was never a factory option.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 4 days ago #19404

• dmerc
  • dmerc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, It will be a couple days before I actually have the bike. In the mean time I found a crankshaft with rods for cheap on fleabay and also ordered a service manual. Parts for this bike are much cheaper than for my CBX!! Hopefully I'll get it running this summer. If I get it running and like it I'll sell the CBX. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 4 days ago #19409

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Noob from the NZ contingent
welcome to the best 13 site on this little planet !
as Kawboy pointed out lots have retro fitted the GPZ1100B2 (if i remember correctly) bikini fairing to their bikes, ive bought one myself which will end up on mine.
other than the touring fairing nothing came from factory, can you please put up a photo so we can see.
best of luck with rebuild, my advice as a ex mechanic, these bikes have ways about them that defies common mechanical logic, i found that out pretty fast!.
with patience, AND A PROPER 13 SERVICE MANUAL, you will be able to sort through the issues, and the guys here are always the one stop back up for you.
Dion

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 4 days ago #19410

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Good luck with your project and welcome to the forum.

Noob here, question about fairing 6 years 3 days ago #19421

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

dmerc wrote: Thanks, It will be a couple days before I actually have the bike. In the mean time I found a crankshaft with rods for cheap on fleabay and also ordered a service manual. Parts for this bike are much cheaper than for my CBX!! Hopefully I'll get it running this summer. If I get it running and like it I'll sell the CBX. I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.

If you sell the CBX, you'll be sorry. I am. Would much rather have both in the stable. Can't you tell? My Avatar is a CBX and when I finish spoofing my KZ it will look like a watercooled CBX with the grunt of a locomotive. The KZ are much nicer to drive on a daily basis but the sound of the CBX with a Kerker on it - Priceless !!

Posting pics- The pic files need to be smaller than 2 MB each. There is an attachment button at the bottom of the post you're writing. Attach the file first, then if you have a series of pic, you can place the cursor where you want the pic in the post and select the insert button under that pic. Once you submit the post, the pics will show up in the post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds