Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17936

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I saved this picture to my computer some time ago, but can't remember where from. It looks to be an interesting bike - is that a super charger on the back of the engine?
Furthermore, I thought Stan might like to look ( maybe he already has ) at it, to give him some ideas on which parts of the engine to paint black.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by biltonjim.

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17940

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
That's a good looking bike! Lot's of customization! I haven't seen this one before. The engine looks great. My covers are chrome already, so that puts a bit different spin on the design. I think I will just do a conservative black of the whole thing and stick to the chrome accents. I think at this stage I just want the bike to be clean and working. Definitely, getting the experience with this one, I am already thinking about putting more spin on another KZ in the future.

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17945

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
This is the kind of bike that could engage your eyes for hours as you move from one detail to the other. Too bad there's only the one picture. On the other hand - maybe it's a good thing. Too many pictures could get one to "thinking" and that opens a completely new can of worms. Nice work by the owner.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17946

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

biltonjim wrote: I saved this picture to my computer some time ago, but can't remember where from. It looks to be an interesting bike - is that a super charger on the back of the engine?
Furthermore, I thought Stan might like to look ( maybe he already has ) at it, to give him some ideas on which parts of the engine to paint black.

Jim, You gota warn me before posting this kind of stuff so I can put my drool bib on first. Ever seen a Bull Mastiff staring at a porterhouse steak?

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17950

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Haha Kawboy ! Yes, I'll warn you next time, but spare a thought for the rest of us when the time comes for you to reveal the results of your labors! Any body who can even contemplate grinding their own cam profiles is certain to achieve a completely astounding finished project.

By the way, does anyone else think that the tank and graphics used on the Z1 / Z900 - and on the modified 1300 in the photo - is an all time great?

Last edit: by biltonjim.

Recognise this bike? 6 years 5 months ago #17951

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

biltonjim wrote: Haha Kawboy ! Yes, I'll warn you next time, but spare a thought for the rest of us when the time comes for you to reveal the results of your labors! Any body who can even contemplate grinding their own cam profiles is certain to achieve a completely astounding finished project.

By the way, does anyone else think that the tank and graphics used on the Z1 / Z900 - and on the modified 1300 in the photo - is an all time great?

Truly Iconic. Even the Z1 tailpiece looks like it belongs on the beast.
This looks like one of the units our South African friend Terius Buys does. I recognize the rear swingarm/ 8" rear rim with the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II Rear Tire. He likes using up to 330 rear tires. Must be quite a feat getting the U-joints in the rear drive shaft sorted. I've seen his parts laid out. Requires a third U-joint.

Maybe we can egg him on to do a telltale post on the bike???

Here's more Eye Candy story written by Terius Buys. www.redline.co.za/Z1300%20Obsession.htm

This pic answers the question "where's the meat?" It's on the back rim.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Kawboy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds