Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16941

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Posted a topic about gaskets and it show up right away. But now taking time to post a new topic with photos about my KZ rebuild it says waiting for moderator approval. What's the deal?? I wanted to post more of the follow up of my project but this is discouraging. What's the deal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16943

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

StanG wrote: Posted a topic about gaskets and it show up right away. But now taking time to post a new topic with photos about my KZ rebuild it says waiting for moderator approval. What's the deal?? I wanted to post more of the follow up of my project but this is discouraging. What's the deal?

That deal is, that I just got out of the hospital and have spent the last two days settling back into my house.
Now that you have demonstrated that you are not a spammer, by making at least two cogent posts, the software will allow you to post at will.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Last edit: by KZQ.

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16944

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
How many photos can I attach to a message? This seems to be the error I get.

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16946

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Stan
personally i find the way you communicate quiet offensive !!
i dont think you will find any other threads on this site that are aggressively written with demands
The least you could have done when Bill replied was to offer condolences in respect of his medical circumstances instead of firing off more issues you have, this site would not be running if not for his work!
maybe if you are so discouraged you should take your many little thoughts some where else!
lifes about respecting others mate
good luck to you!!
Dion

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16949

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Ok, everybody take a chill pill.
Stan- I understand your frustration. Not all sites are protected from spammers like we protect ours. It may be due to the fact that we operate this site with less "administration" reviews than other sites so in order to achieve a functional site with little interference, our administrator found a way to restrict the first couple of posts which usually sends the spammers elsewhere.
In answer to your question about the pics- Pic size is limited to 2.5 megs a pic, so when you take your pics, change the resolution setting on your camera down to less than or equal to 2.5 megs. I think we limited the pics size to minimize the storage on the server. Realize that we have almost 1,000 members registered on the site and we've been running this site on the good graces of our administrator KZQ i.e. KZQ has covered the cost of operating the site out of his own pocket for the past 4 years. Recently, a few of our members pushed our Administrator to set up a donation button and allow us to help cover the costs of operating the site. In my mind having the ability to discuss issues with other members on this site has to be worth a cup of coffee a week. So to me $50 bucks a year is a healthy contribution. You'll note that under the Avatars of each post a ranking. Those that state "Sustaining Member" are the members which have donated monies to help keep the site running. Thanks again KZQ for giving us the opportunity to help with the costs.
Stan- you should be able to go back to that post and "edit" your post and upload your pics provided the pic size is as I mentioned.

Finally, I don't like seeing bickering among members. We all need to be respectful to each other. Stan got off to a bit of a bad start due to what appears to be unforeseen circumstances. That's that. Let's get beyond this and get back to what's near and dear to our hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Ledkz1300

New member Vancouver, BC, Canada 6 years 9 months ago #16954

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thank you Bill! I have a website and a forum which used to have a very large traffic. I absolutely understand the spam problem and need for moderation. It was a nightmare! Even having active extra moderators. Helping thousands of people and wildlife, spending thousands of hours, literally, I got a one time donation of dollars 10. The past few years I just keep paying the domain and hosting, and keep both as information resource without being involved anymore.
I had no idea about your return from hospital. I am new here. Now knowing it, all the best in recovery! Thank you for understanding the bit of my frustration. I was taken by surprise. It was short lived, haha I'd like to point out to Dion, that I just tried to ask simple questions to find simple answers and move forward with what we want to talk about - the motorcycle. Please, don't assume to much about me and yes, bickering is the last thing on my mind and disrespecting would be against my nature.
I am glad things got cleared out. Thank you for accepting me here. Looking forward to exchanging knowledge and ideas about this awesome bike and making more biker friends! Stan
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, scotch

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds