Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie in Caifornia 7 years 2 months ago #15432

• davemosstuning
  • davemosstuning's Avatar Topic Author
  • journalist, suspension tuner, racer
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

This is my second 79 KZ1300 and this was a barn find, sat for 30 years and has very few miles on it. It is in pieces, so I need to get to work lol. I hope to have it done within 9 months.

I'm not touching the bottom end as I will get it running for now. I don't have an exhaust, so I may fabricate something akin to the Benelli Sei.

I have almost all of it but the Vetter fairing was broken so it went to the recycle pile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie in Caifornia 7 years 2 months ago #15435

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club. I noticed that your topic was viewed 19 times before me and I think the rest of the boys didn't realize that you're a newbie here. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Thanks for updating your profile to include your location on this fine earth. Not many do and it causes some of us a bit of grief.

Love the Avatar. Never seen a smoking knee cap shield. Nice. Personally, I prefer to use the brakes rather than throw out the knee for an anchor. :woohoo:

And thanks for adding the pics. Normally, we have to ask but obviously, you've been lurking in the background before committing to a membership to the Skulls club. The more the merrier I say. Again Welcome !!

Newbie in Caifornia 7 years 1 month ago #15731

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Hi Dave welcome to the forum. I also live in Oz and only 200km from Pete. Bought my Z13 in 1979 and still own it but don't ride it anymore as it needs work and will have to wait its turn.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Newbie in Caifornia 7 years 1 month ago #15736

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Yes, welcome. And a MV Agusta to boot ? ( Avatar )
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Newbie in Caifornia 7 years 1 month ago #15737

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Dave,

Welcome to KZ1300.com!
I'll be looking forward to pics of your progress.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ace

USA engine export 6 years 11 months ago #16276

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Dave or any one else
may i encroach on you for any info as to any one you may know of who would be able to receive from Florida pack and post International (specifically NZ) one 999 engine complete
a Florida based bike strippers have a 999 engine but dont want to know of international postage, they will transport anywhere in the USA only
a lot of strippers their do with no problem, but the ones ive asked as they are not selling the part dont want to help(fair enough)
if you or any one else on the site have a idea i would be thankful
Dion

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.143 seconds