Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14285

• Gyesdad
  • Gyesdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,
Just registered as at some point in the near future I'd like a Z13 so i thought I'd register and get to know the bike before taking the plunge.
I like my Kawasakis, (I'm a member of the Z1OC) and have a few air cooled bikes as well as a GPz900R, 750R and a couple of small triples.
I look forward to spending some time on here and reading up on the joys and pitfalls of ownership :)

Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14286

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Welcome to the forum.

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14289

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi Gary, mostly pitfalls, but when it's riding on song for the day and you see all the other bikes on the road..wouldn't swap it for any of them..but I would say that :lol:
:) Z13 UK

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14290

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Welcome to the forum Gary. ;)
You don't have to be mad to own one of these big sixes, but it sometimes helps. On the plus side, when you get them to run as they should there's nothing like them.
:side:
Z1300 UK

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14299

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Welcome Gary: you've come to the right place to find out about the Z13 - loads of knowledge and advice on here.

Re Z1OC - I also own a Z900, and the bikes are so different to ride; honestly think you would be impressed by the the grunt and soundtrack that the big six kicks out - its addictive.

Good points: when on song they are a blast to ride, handle way better than you would think, with a truly cracking engine and a great soundtrack. Spares are generally available (but not as easy as for a Z1)

Bad Points: can be a b1tch to get running right (I've just spent 8 months trying to solve an engine / fueling gremlin :angry: ), they have an appetite for starter clutches, carbs are fickle, fuel taps will fail - oh yes and getting it on the main stand can be fun. But as most owners say, you forgive the issues when you get em running well.

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

New member 7 years 7 months ago #14389

• Gyesdad
  • Gyesdad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks everyone.
Tonto, I recognise your name from the Z1OC :)
Looking forward to reading the posts about the bikes on here, I worked away this weekend so bit of a late reply.

Gary.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds