Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel Pressure 7 years 7 months ago #14278

• wess.vic
  • wess.vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
My bike has been running great and I've been riding all summer. The only problem I have is when I leave thre gas on it pushes fuel into cyclinder one and when I need to start it I have to open the throttle and let air come in to burn it out. I had this problem without and with the original fuel valve. I also have the brass floats and adjusted correctly. I use a pingel fuel valve f that means anything. Does anybody else have this problem and how can it be fixed? I was thinking fuel regulators and was going to buy one but I figured instead of me using trial and error Im sure someone solved this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel Pressure 7 years 7 months ago #14279

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
If I'm not mistaken this happens to all our bikes especially when it is on the side stand, that's why number one gets filled up. only way to avoid this is to remember to turn your petcock to the off position. It's also been reported that if your still using the original petcock fuel can still make its way into the cylinder and some members have installed a second inline cut off valve to stop this.

These previous post may be of interest.
Fuel Overflow

Fuel

You may find the root cause by reading the FAQ section, when you navigate to the Faq section use your browsers search facility and search for 'fuel', you may find your answer there
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Last edit: by Yaegunp.

Fuel Pressure 7 years 7 months ago #14280

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
You need to not forget to turn the fuel off. Filling up the cylinder with gas can result in a bent connecting rod or worse. If you know the cylinder is filled or partially filled with fuel do not start it. Remove the spark plug and let the fuel blow out the hole. If there is too much fuel and you don't do this you could have a catastrophic failure.

There are other fixes but not forgetting is the most important.

Fuel Pressure 7 years 7 months ago #14281

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
There's an oring on the float needle seat to the carburetor body that could be passing on #1 carburetor. If it is passing, it would explain your problem.

The other issue that come up many times before is the retainer spring between the float needle and the float. Some members have found that the aftermarket kits have a slightly different spring and it can cause the float needle to bind in the float needle seat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds