Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13531

• Petez13
  • Petez13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
I did and they are a bit light, just thinking could I have an air leak before I adjust the carbs. I still can't believe that theres such a difference between before and after engine rebuild

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13537

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Check Ignition timing, cam timing and valve clearances I would say the carbs are not the problem. I know you say you checked the ign timing but that is the most likely thing. I would suggest to go right back to the start with it and go over it from the begining and take nothing for granted.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13539

• hillsy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Have you checked the inlet manifolds aren't leaking? You've had the engine apart by what I'm reading but no mention if you've removed / disturbed the manifold seals?

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13541

• Petez13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yes I've replaced the head and barrels using a second set I got from ebay and then had them rebored and valves seats recut. So I had put the manifold rubbers from the old head on to this, I think I'm going to take them off again and reseal with sylicone again.
Maybe as the head and barrels are new to the bike I need to set the carbs up from scratch?? But the way it overheats so quickly is a worry.

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13542

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Years ago I checked and reset my valve clearances and after the bike ran like a bag of dirt took it in to the dealer and was told the clearances were way off turned out I had started checking from the wrong side of the engine first if you changed any shims after the valve rercut double check (in the service manual) that you started from the correct side of the engine when you reset them.

(sitting on the seat as a reference point, do you start at #1 right hand side or #6 left hand side for the first cyl to check it will look reversed when you are beside the bike looking at the engine)

On the slow return of idle speed did you rebalance the carbs with either vacuum gauges or mercury sticks? after the rebuild

Carbs popping back and slow return from 3000rpm 7 years 8 months ago #13543

• Petez13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi, Ive always regarded when sat on the bike as left side being number one, I can't remember now but not sure if you get it wrong side, maybe the cam lobe wouldn't let you get a feeler gauge in at all.
No haven't balanced the carbs.
I'm going to us my colourtune to see just how weak the mixture is.
There is a flat spot around 2000rpm so will have to check everything

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds