Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #13049

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
That looks like a good project. Let's hope the headstock is ok. Talking of that fantastic ZRX1300R, did you look at this guy's special, on this thread : www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/daily-chatter/1731-dynorun-z1300

I assume you have a workshop. I don't, so my KZ1300 is still awaiting restoration two years after I bought it. It's stuck in a rented and shared lock up garage.

Regarding modern vs old bikes, I'm generally in favour of the 70s / 80s superbikes, BUT I would LOVE one of those new Kawasaki H2 supercharged jobs. And a BMW S1000RR.

Get that 1300 injection bought, and get to work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

newie from Oz 7 years 9 months ago #13106

• ZRX1300
  • ZRX1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Sorry, been having trouble with computor, upload some better pics Z13 looking at buying

Last edit: by ZRX1300.

newie from Oz 6 years 5 months ago #17609

• ZRX1300
  • ZRX1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi all, sorry haven't been around lately , but just no enuff time in the day, fair dinkum.

With Zed's to maintain and work (thankfully) very busy, it just doesn't happen.

Just a quick update, didn't pursue the Z1300 that was sale locally, honestly don't think l'll ever get the time to rebuild it.

Got my young fella finally to convert some old 35mm from 1977 to Utube, to show how we used too roll. l did have it posted on Utudbe few years back, but had a bit of a scare over this part of the world with Mr policeman looking at hoonage posted, so l pulled it but all good now.

Again l don't like to pump up my own tyres, but l no longer have the Yellow Yamaha windcheater.

Hope that works , not real good on "putor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, biltonjim

Last edit: by ZRX1300.

newie from Oz 6 years 5 months ago #17618

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
Those Z1 Kawasakis were taking some abuse in that video! They have a reputation for being strong mechanically, and I can see why.

Very sorry to hear that you did not buy another 1300. Could you not buy one to rebuild as a long term project, just to work on now and then?

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds