Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

sixer newby 7 years 7 months ago #14511

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
It'll be a while before I'm ready to come out and play. Next move for me is to pull the engine and replace the primary and secondary chains. Working on my bike takess a back seat to so many other things that happens in my retired life. Jumping on the Forum only happens for me after 7:00 pm when all I have left in me is to sit down and vegetate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

sixer newby 7 years 7 months ago #14562

• dogfight
  • dogfight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
We?

sixer newby 7 years 7 months ago #14563

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote: It'll be a while before I'm ready to come out and play. Next move for me is to pull the engine and replace the primary and secondary chains. Working on my bike takess a back seat to so many other things that happens in my retired life. Jumping on the Forum only happens for me after 7:00 pm when all I have left in me is to sit down and vegetate.

That is going to be one hell of a task. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes well.

sixer newby 7 years 7 months ago #14564

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

Ledkz1300 wrote:

Kawboy wrote: It'll be a while before I'm ready to come out and play. Next move for me is to pull the engine and replace the primary and secondary chains. Working on my bike takess a back seat to so many other things that happens in my retired life. Jumping on the Forum only happens for me after 7:00 pm when all I have left in me is to sit down and vegetate.

That is going to be one hell of a task. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes well.

No worries. Just another job for me. When I want a real challenge I go and work on my 928 Porsche. THAT car gives me a migraine. The shop Manuals for it is 7- 3" binders not a 283 page manual. 1985 model. Just as old, not many parts readily available, not a large following and definately not well followed by Porsche folks. As a matter of fact most hate it. It's a V8 not a flat 6. It's water cooled not air cooled. Engine in the front not in the back but at least it's a rear transaxle and one of only 10% of the 928's with a manual 5 speed.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

sixer newby 7 years 7 months ago #14569

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Yikes that would be a real pain.

I had a 73 911 which had was heavily modified with a non-standard turbo race engine from the late 80s. Plus it had a bunch of other modified or after market parts and a crazy body kit. Even the experts didn't know where to get the parts and if they did find them they had to come from Germany at great cost and it took forever to get. I sold the car a year later out of sheer frustration.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds