Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14137

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
When I’m riding the big Z on the motorway I normally sit at about 70 miles per hour. At this speed the engine sounds sweet and it purrs like a kitten. If I wind it up to 85 or 90 then it all sounds a bit noisy. No rattles or bangs, it just seems to be revving too hard. I’ve never pushed it any harder because I’m always very conscious that I’m riding a 37 year old bike. So my question is, what is the fastest you’ve ridden you bike, or am I just being a big pussy?
:blush:
Z1300 UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14141

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I ride mine like I stole it. It usually sees redline several times during most riding sessions. I love the sound it makes when its screaming. Yes, they are old but they were designed and built as superbikes so they should take the revs as long as everything is mechanically sound and well maintained.

Yes, it will rev a little high at 90 MPH. It would be nice if these things had a sixth gear but the only harm you are doing is to your wallet for the amount of fuel you are pouring through it. :evil:

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14143

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I know what you mean, just had my first run out of town and 70 is purring along and 90 sounds like your starting to ring it's neck. Can't remember the revs at 90 but it sounds like twice as many as it is. Thats why we love 6's..nothing sounds better :woohoo:
:) Z13 UK

Last edit: by charlie9670.

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14148

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
210kph or 123mph that was when new but usually never much over 140kph
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14152

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Wow! I must have something very wrong with my bike, no matter how far into the red I get the RPM's in top gear I just can get it any faster than 85 MPH.... :whistle:
1981 KZ1300

How fast? 7 years 7 months ago #14160

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Given the road and a lack of patrol cars 130mph is realistic. I remember when they were first raced at Mt Panorama Bathurst they were cracking 135 mph on the downhill of Conrod straight.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds