Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Fouling plugs again Help please 7 years 9 months ago #13313

• hillsy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25

strate6 wrote: A lot of carb model Z1300's had rich running problems from new (or in the UK they did) and Kawasaki had various "mods" to try and overcome it.
One of these was to run the bike WITHOUT the top aor box cover / tool tray under the seat, which allowed far more air into the mixture.

This did have a positive effect in some cases so is worth a try.

Wouldn't this be the same as running no filter? Without the top cover, I'm pretty sure it vents straight into the airbox??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fouling plugs again Help please 7 years 9 months ago #13314

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Indeed, running without the air box top cover (if using a stock air filter element) is the same as having no air cleaner. A stock air filter element is open at both ends. Some aftermarket filter elements are closed on the top end, but the air box top cover serves to push them down against the seal at the bottom. With no top cover, unfiltered air will come in around the bottom of the filter element.

Fouling plugs again Help please 7 years 9 months ago #13317

• wirral_biker
  • Thank you received: 5
I like the thinking of Strate6 re getting more in.......just don't like the idea of no air filter. I'm almost sure ( never used one TBH ) that a K & N allows more air in the engine.....anyone used one? ( priced at £50 so need to know before I buy one - lol )
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral :-)

Last edit: by wirral_biker.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds