Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12851

• RBY
  • RBY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi brief intro as a new member. I have a Z1300A5 which I have owned since new but tragically it has spent most of its like in storage (family, jobs, etc, etc). Determined to get it back on the road. I also have a Watsonian/Squire RX4 two seater sidecar fitted with Unit front suspension and when the (3) boys were younger it was a great outfit to take a family of 5 on rides. Hopefully the photo thingy works - yep 3 boys in the chair and they used to go to sleep and slide off the seat so fitted seat belts.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12871

• ZRX1300
  • Thank you received: 4
Looks like your both a bit camera shy RBY? Is the kid on the right pickin his nose?

Hope you are able to bring her back to this condition, what a top looking unit, magic!!!!!!!!!

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12875

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Hi Ya RBY welcome to our strange place, hang around a bit you'll get used to it.
That pic looks very OZ, ACT maybe, there are quite a few of us here.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12879

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Welcome to the club. that's a nice looking ride you have there. Bet the 3 kids don't fit in the hack together any more. (now there's a pic)

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12885

• RBY
  • RBY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the welcome. Yes our 'boys' are all young men now and back then the oldest did have a penchant for sucking his thumb. Location is the Mainland of NZ but I bought the bike while living and working in Oz (I remember the Z1300 had a strong following in Oz, particularly in the NT). Have replaced all the braided brake lines because of some new regulation here (fittings must be crimped, not threaded) so that's good to go but likely need to replace base gasket which was leaking when last parked up. Found OEM gasket no longer available but hopefully scored one on ebay. Getting engine covers re-chromed, will try fitting a steering damper and may try grafting auto rims on to the bike wheels so I can run auto tires - getting older and reflexes not what they used to be!!

New Member intro 7 years 9 months ago #12886

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Ahh that explains the number plate that I couldn't quite work out. But I was close, some of the east coast islands :silly:
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds