Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12802

• Z1300rider
  • Z1300rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi, I have just torn down my Z1300 which is a UK spec 1979 A1 model. When I say torn down I mean everything except the engine internals as the engine is a real sweety and runs very strongly. I intend to turn it into the Z I have always wanted ie bright green and a bit on the noisy side. I had a KZ 1300 many years ago but didn't do as I intended, eventually I sold it and then immediately regretted it. I found this site whilst trawling the web looking for anything Z1300. There are many fantastic 13 s on here and I look forward to chatting about them and hopefully meeting new people into classic bikes such as the big Z. Cheers Marc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12807

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Welcome, and let's see some pictures! It's fun to watch these big bikes come back to life.
1981 KZ1300

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12808

• charlie9670
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Welcome, more and more of us in the UK, we'll have to have a meet if we can get them all working at the same time :unsure:
:) Z13 UK

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12809

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Yes welcome to the club, so many helpful people, as a uk owner it would be great if we could organize a uk get together
cheers
Paul

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12831

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221
Welcome Marc also from the continent - let us please have some pics, they say more than a 1000 words.

regards from Switzerland

holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Hello fellow Z1300 enthusiasts 7 years 9 months ago #12918

• Z1300rider
  • Z1300rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10

Some initial pics, will start taking a few more. So far I have claened every electrical connection ( still have a green tinge in some of them so probably will change the whole connector).The swing arm and a few untidy areas of frame around the shock mounts have been rubbed down and repainted. The area under the carbs and the front crankcase have been repainted with Frost Restoration high temp silver paint and everything is being polished as I remove it. I bought myself a polishing wheel and various compounds to do the job, however, it is very time consuming and a filthy job. I used a dremel based polishing kit to get into small areas. One job I am finding hard is the rear final drive case; I am not weedy but I do find it heavy and therefore to hold it at the polishing wheel for any length of time is not easy. On top of that the casting of the case is rough and does not polish easily. The valves have been done- I found three valves worryingly tight with virtually no clearance but luckily no damage seems to have been done. The carbs unfortunately failed a leak test on the float valves so they will have to be changed as there are no overflows on these carbs. Also the tee piece which feeds petrol into the carbs is now weeping so I will probably have to make one that will take replaceable O-rings.
I am replacing every bolt with new stainless ones and all the plastic parts have been repainted with Sunox plastic paint which does a fab job.
I used Consomic inside the tank and then sealed it with gas tank epoxy resin- inside it looks like brand new. That's about as far as I am, back to the grind when I get home tonight.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wirral_biker

Last edit: by Z1300rider.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds