Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rear wheel lift stand? 3 years 4 months ago #28292

• rdurost
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Millyard is a Mozart-level genius. His craft, his attention to detail, his audacity and his fearlessness are examples to us all.

In a more just world, people like him would be given 10,000 sq. ft. shops and a $100,000/year stipend just to let their imaginations run free. He's literally one in a million, and those kind of people should be given free reign as soon as they're recognized. They are the pride and hope of all mankind, and some reason for optimism is this very dark time.

The immortal British fantasy/satirist Sir Terry Pratchett, who died far too young, had a recurring character in his Discworld novels called Leonard of Quirm. He was a parody of DaVinci, and the Tyrant of Ankh-Morpork, his adopted city, gave him a huge work space and any materials he needed. He was technically imprisoned, but for Leonard he was given a paradise with no worldly concerns in which to let his intellect run free.

Anyway, major digression, but please read every word Pratchett wrote, not only because it will make you a better human being, but because his description of Leonard may be the most poetic description of true genius ever written.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stocktoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rear wheel lift stand? 3 years 4 months ago #28293

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Well in this forum not only do I increase my knowledge of 1300's sometimes I find another author that may be of interest to start reading.
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdurost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds