• Page:

TOPIC:

Site Search Limitations - What am I missing? 3 years 7 months ago #27775

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
A search of the entire site, regardless of posting date, including the entire post, for "drive propeller bellows accordion boot" returns ZERO results.

I appears that this is the result of a fixed search parameter of "all of the key words" instead of "any of the key words." Which is not what Key Word searches are supposed to be about. I'm going to assume that I've missed a search option somewhere. Would somebody clue me in on how to run an "any of the above" search? Am I supposed to put in the keywords as "+drive +propeller +bellows +accordion +boot?" 'Cuz that didn't work either. It just removed all the pluses.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Site Search Limitations - What am I missing? 3 years 7 months ago #27777

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
The search engine only has the ability to search for exactly what you put in as a phrase. You may have thought it would look for those 4 words and kick out anything it found. I'm not aware of any method for searching multiple words in one go.
Sometimes I have to go to the parts catalog and find the proper terminology to help me with the searches. In this case, Kawasaki decided to call this item a "swingarm boot" and a search for that brought up 8 posts. Knowing that, I also tried "boot" since it's less restrictive than" swingarm" boot.and due to the way people write up posts, more results came up. Language has a big part to do with the searches so bear that in mind when you use the search feature. ( I'd also in this case try searching swing arm boot or "bellows" or just "boot")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds