Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ZN1300 Brake Hose lenght(s) 4 years 6 months ago #25060

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I'm still working on replacing my hoses. I finally broke down and bought a really cheap ratty set of OEM ZN1300 hoses off eBay just so I could get the right lengths, and banjo fitting angles and clocking. I've been too busy with other stuff to actually order the new lines but will do so in the next day or so.

Personally, if you're going to replace the hoses, I'd upgrade to braided SS lines - they're more expensive but well worth the extra $'s IMHO.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bucko.

ZN1300 Brake Hose lenght(s) 4 years 6 months ago #25068

• ronlander
  • Thank you received: 2
i wanted to keep the OEM look, that's why i wanted to get these kind and not the braided ones.

ZN1300 Brake Hose lenght(s) 4 years 6 months ago #25069

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ronlander wrote: i wanted to keep the OEM look, that's why i wanted to get these kind and not the braided ones.

I totally get that. I wish someone made Braided SS lines that have an outer jacket that has the look of OEM lines. I have my 1300 collector plated which means the bike has to be 99% plus, original - they do allow minor alterations for safety reasons though so upgraded brake lines are allowed. I buy the black SS lines so they blend in as much as possible.

Last edit: by Bucko.

ZN1300 Brake Hose lenght(s) 4 years 6 months ago #25070

• ronlander
  • Thank you received: 2
Im not sure why they don't make that exact thing, braided lines with a thick rubber outer shel, that way OEM look is preserved, I even thought of doing it myself, problem is it can't be done with the ends on. and i don't have the proper tools to put the ends on.
Well, I bough that set from Japan, $41 shipped, I'll give it a try and see if the brakes are better, i don't ride the bike that much but when I do I want that beast to stop when squeeze that leaver :-).

ZN1300 Brake Hose lenght(s) 4 years 6 months ago #25072

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ronlander wrote: .... I bough that set from Japan, $41 shipped, I'll give it a try and see if the brakes are better, .

Great. Keep us posted.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds