Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Different front end ? 5 years 3 months ago #22783

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I don’t know anything specifically about the Ducati electronics, but from reading this:

www.google.com/amp/s/www.rideapart.com/a...uspension-works/amp/

They are controlled via an electronic selonoid which controls oil flow. This is how many cars control their variable valve train - which I do have experience with.

These valves are usually full on or off at rest. So I’d guess they will be full soft. Those valves are either on/off style or PWM control. On/off would be in appropriate so you can bet they are PWM. IF you get those, I’d suggest getting a simple PWM controller with a manual knob for testing them. You might find that is suitable (just being able to dial them to a setting), or you may want something more elaborate that firms them with speed and/or under braking.

For testing, I’d suggest something like:

EBay Search: DC 10-55V MAX 60A PWM Motor Speed Controller CW CCW Reversible 12V 24V 36V

But you can do something much smaller for permanent use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Frank833.

Different front end ? 5 years 3 months ago #22786

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
That goes WAY over my head I'm afraid. Wat is PMW?

I would like to keep the bike simple. It would be great to have adjustable shocks, but I really don't need anything as sophisticated as being able to adjust on the go. I'd rather go with something that I can set up (with a spanner/screwdriver) for normal town/A-road riding and then leave it like that until I'll be tackling the Nurburgring (which ain't gonna happen soon or regularly!)

I think I'll pass on those and see if I can find some that are manually adjustable... just a matter of looking for stuff off older bikes.

Cheers
Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Different front end ? 5 years 3 months ago #22789

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
PWM = Pulse Width Modulation.

Basically you send full voltage in bursts. So on a 12v system 20% means you send 12v 20% of the time and 0v 80% of the time. The rate (pulses per second) can be very important for some devices.

And yes, if you are not somewhat comfortable with electronics, you probably want to avoid this.

Different front end ? 5 years 3 months ago #22791

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
I've just been told all the electronics are with the set and working.

mmmmh....
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds