TOPIC:

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21105

• paulb
  • paulb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi
i dont suppose anyone has a rear master cylinder they want to sell. Mine is damaged beyond repair
many thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21107

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi Paul
not sure what else could be damaged on the rear M/Cyllinder other than the bore
we stainless sleeve them here in NZ, im sure you could find some one over their who could do same/similar
then just put new cup set in.
if the threads for cap screws are gone , either tap ot and put Helicoils in or just tap over size and put bigger screw in
the glass site worst case scenario cant get one, tig it up or even use Devcon
the rubber would be similar size to front probably
failing all of that their is one off a GSX250 I THINK that with small work supposedly will fit
best of luck mate
Dion

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21108

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Dion
thanks for the reply, i destroyed the top of the master cylinder trying to get the screws out[so entirely my fault] and the metal around that area is so soft that it basically disintegrated making tapping out not viable but i will track one down

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21109

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
If you be patient with eBay you will find a good deal eventually. My rear master cylinder works well with the same old seals and after I manually 'honed' the bore with 1600 and 2000 grid. It's not perfect, but works. IN the meantime, I tracked another one on eBay. I am going to rebuild it and probably swap with the one I have. The whole assembly: rear brake caliper, line, the master cylinder bracket with the whole cylinder assembly complete, including a usable dust boot, cost me US$ 15 (fifteen). So, they are out there if you have time to wait for it. Lots of sells in the USA offer free shipping as well to a US address.

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21110

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks Stan
i am in the uk but have brought loads of stuff from the states because there seems to be more available[although not so much now] probably the kz1300 sold a lot more units in USA and Canada than uk

rear master cylinder 5 years 7 months ago #21111

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I think most were in the USA. The one which I have came from Washington. You are right - most available original parts are from the USA, but most after market parts are in Europe. Sometimes things are available in Canada, but much rarer. All the salvage places I visited here in my area don't even have one single KZ1300 part, and they said they never had one in at least a decade. A good thing for me is I live really close the border, and can use a mailing address service there for a USD 3.75 per package. It still makes is much cheaper.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds