TOPIC:

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20028

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Try these. Plenty on ebay
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mizztheman.

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20029

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I bought a couple of those on eBay; figured they would solve my problem (until I get a proper 90 degree valve stem installed) but neither one survived the first application of the air hose - they both broke right where the internally threaded part crimps over the metal tube.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20030

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Bucklo,

I’ve got them on my FJR 1300 and never had a problem although mine look slightly different to the one pictured. Hope you find a solution.

Last edit: by mizztheman.

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20031

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
OK.....It's just occurred to me that this has got to be a Joke........ on us ! Good one !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20033

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Scotch: have you been sampling your namesake? :)
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Help: 90 degree Valve stem for rear wheel 5 years 10 months ago #20041

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
From Bucko <Scotch: have you been sampling your namesake?>

ah, crap ! Seems I'm still on my "winter grade". :pinch: Time to change up for the summer !;)

So you get up early to a great day ! Out the door on time but notice during the warm-up that you need some air in the tires.:unsure: Don't have an air-compressor so decide to go to the neighborhood "Convenience Store" to add some. Drive around the building twice before you can find the "fill Station". Cars parked in front of it but you take the slot, 2 over. Oh, hell ! It's one of those coin-operated pieces of crap! :angry: Dig through your pockets for the correct change, plug the coin into it, set the desired pressure and it sounds like it's going to remove it's anchors from the concrete-block wall ! :dry: Un-coil the filthy hose as you take the end to the bike. Oh, Hell - it's a foot to short. :S Put the hose down - move the bike closer - now right up against the drivers door of the next vehicle. Pick up the hose and the compressor shuts off. Crap ! Plug-in another coin; pick up the hose and just then the "driver" shows up with "that" annoyed look. :angry: You move your bike and eventually the car leaves. Pick up the hose and the compressor shuts-off - again ! "F&$@K ! :angry: :angry: Back to the pockets and then the compressor. All is good ! NOT ! The air chuck is the "long" type and won't fit ! Ah...double "F&^%$@#K ! :ohmy: :angry:
Now your phone is puking out messages from the guys your supposed to already be with, for a pre-ride breakfast. Quick text and while doing so you get a "light-bulb" moment. Look for another service station ? Hell no ! Place the long-neck chuck up against the curb and give it a good boot-drop ! :whistle: Problem solved - now that it has a 30 degree bend in it ! :evil:

Your welcome ! :woohoo:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds