• Page:

TOPIC:

another question from KZA13 10 years 2 months ago #1451

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I have just gotten a "proper" Kawasaki steering damper, Part No. 46117-006, because of the sidecar fitted, at present I use a Volkswagen steering damper connected to the front forks and the sidecar brace, many years ago on another 13 I had with a chair it was set up by others and they used the proper damper, I vaguely remember it being connected to the bottom of the triple tree, as it is suppose to be on a Kawasaki, the problem I have is that the 13 does not come with a precast and tapped hole, anyone know where this hole might be on the tree so I can drill and tap a hole to mount the damper, no worries if not, it's just a matter of putting the damper onto the frame and marking a spot and turning the bars a few times to find the sweet spot, but a measurement would speed up the process, thanks in advance, cheers

after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

another question from KZA13 10 years 2 months ago #1453

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
No worries with this question, found a fork tube clamp and going to use a bracket that either connects to the top middle radiator bolt, or one that clamps to the frame on the other side of the bike away from the sidecar, should be an interesting manufacturing exercise, now just have to find the time to do it, no rush, the VW one is working well, it just doesn't look "neat" :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

another question from KZA13 10 years 2 months ago #1458

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65

kza13 wrote: No worries with this question, found a fork tube clamp and going to use a bracket that either connects to the top middle radiator bolt, or one that clamps to the frame on the other side of the bike away from the sidecar, should be an interesting manufacturing exercise, now just have to find the time to do it, no rush, the VW one is working well, it just doesn't look "neat" :-)

I think the fork tube clamp is the best way to go, from a modification standpoint. I was always leery of drilling a hole in the lower triple clamp. Would always worry about a crack forming.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds